M 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and F 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. or by appointment
University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 99
Greeley, CO 80639
- Ph. D., University of Oregon, Speech Communication
- M.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Communication Arts
- B.A., Idaho State University, Speech and Drama
- Professor, Communication Studies, UNC
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Greenspun School of Communication, UNLV
- Graduate Assistant, University of Oregon
- Director of Forensics, Instructor Speech & Drama, Idaho State University
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- American Scientific Affiliation Regional Board
- Community Action Agency
- Regional Coordinator, Attorney General’s Campaign
- CASA Volunteer
- DRUG COURT Volunteer
- IMF Advisory Board Member
- Legislative Assembly Member, NCA
- Partners of the AMERICAS Vice President & President
- ST Peter Parish Lector
Research/Areas of Interest
Rhetorical Theory & Criticism; Heroes and Public Memory; Supreme Court Argument Analysis
Allen, L. (2015). Editor-in-Chief, JMComm Conference Proceedings.
Allen, L. (2015). “Snow, Eagles, Gravity, Genes”: Present at the (Artificial) Creation
in Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics. JMComm Conference Proceedings, Singapore: Global Science & Technology
Forum, pp. 5-10.
Allen, L. (2014). Editor-in-Chief, JMComm Conference Proceedings.
Allen, L. (2014). That’s a Rapp(oeurter): Snowden’s Recitation to the European
Parliament. JMComm Conference Proceedings, Singapore.
Allen, L. & Edwards, D. (2014). Edward Snowden-Everyone’s hero: Well, maybe not so
much. The Image of the Hero in Literature, Media and Society, Proceedings, Society
for the Interdisciplinary Study of Social Imagery.
Allen, L. (2013). Editor-in-Chief, Conference JMComm Conference Proceedings.
Allen, L. (2013). The holy grail of manufacturing: The bear is there. JMComm Conference
Proceedings, Phuket, Thailand.
Allen, L. (2013). And the Language Is. JMComm Journal.
Allen, L. (2012). And the Language Is. JMComm Conference Proceedings.
Allen, L. & Edwards, Dale. (2013). No easy writer. The Image of the Outsider III,
Proceedings, Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Social Imagery.
Allen, Lin & Brown, B. (2012). The Wizard of Aeropagus. Proceedings, Society for
the Interdisciplinary Study of Social Imagery.
Allen, L. (2011). Drug Court Newsletter, invited column author, debut edition.
Allen, L. & Lee, YEN-I. (2011) Red Rubicon: A Rhetorical Analysis of Snow’s Red Star Over China. The Image of the Outlaw, Proceedings, Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Social
Allen, L. & Stadler, M. (2010). “Send unto all cities heralds:” Agency and instrumentality
in Ministry of Defense of Iran v. Elahi. The Image of the Hero II, Proceedings, Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of
Creative Works: MetaMock (Joining Drama & Law)
- MetaMock – Wiebking Hall 11 November 2015. “Only Elephants Should Wear Tusks”
- MetaMock – Currier Inn. “Whose Laptop Is It Anyway? Snowden v. NSA”
- RhetaMock - Currier Inn. 18 April 2013. “What Chil(d)e Is This?: Abbott v Abbott
- MetaMock - Currier Inn. 27 March 2012. “If A Nun Falls In the Forest Will Anyone Hear
- MetaMock - Sodbuster Inn. 17 October 2011. Snyder v Phelps
Honors and Awards
- 2016 Of The Month Award, Wing-It-WilKing Residence Hall Program, Campus and Regional
- 2014 ACE Award, RMCA.
- 2011 CASA February Newsletter Feature
- 2009 Outstanding Professor Letter, Delta Zeta
- 2009 Outstanding Professor Award, AWC
- 2004 Selected for the award of Outstanding Professor, Delta Xi Chapter of Delta Zeta.
- 2004 Selected for Poetry Competition Award.
- 1995 Selected as banner bearer representing College of Arts and Sciences.
- 1995 Selected for Panhellenic Faculty Appreciation Award.
- 1995 Selected for teaching award for the humanities, College of Arts and Sciences.
- 1992 Recognized for Excellence in Teaching by Merilyn Potters, (Student with highest
G.P.A.), Department of Communication Studies, University of Nevada, Las Vegas.