Jump to main content

Housing Forms

Log into Housing and Dining Contract

Contract Petition for Release Form

 The Housing & Residential Education Office requires a Petition for Release Form to be filled out by the student if they want to live off campus during their Freshman year. The steps for the process are:

  • Once the form is filled out and the required documentation is attached, bring it to the Housing & Residential Education office in Tobey-Kendel Hall, Room 199.
  • Once received, a committee will review the petition for release information and the student will be notified of the decision of the committee.
  • The committee generally takes about one week to make a decision.

University Withdrawal Process:

Current Student Change Room Request Form

Students currently living on campus can request to move rooms.  Fill out the Room Move Interest Form to indicate to our staff where you would prefer to live on campus.  All requests are processed in date order and depend on availability within the hall.

The Room Move Interest Form will go "live" on Monday, August 20, 2018 at 8:00 AM for the 2018-2019 academic year.

Room Move Interest Form

Optional Confidential Contact Person Form

Students who are living in on-campus housing can provide the name and contact information for a confidential contact person.  This person would be contacted if the student is determined to be missing.

Confidential Contact Person Form



Housing and Dining Guide

Check out all the areas you can live and dine on campus!  Our Admitted Student Guide can give you a quick glimpse of things that UNC has to offer!

Student Handbook

Download the Student Handbook

Parent Newsletter

Sign up for the parent newsletter!

Student Staff Information:

Staff information for front desks.