Contract Petition for Release Form
The Housing & Residential Education Office requires a Petition for Release Form to be filled out by the student if they want to live off campus during their Freshman year. The steps for the process are:
- Once the form is filled out and the required documentation is attached, bring it to the Housing & Residential Education office in Tobey-Kendel Hall, Room 199.
- Once received, a committee will review the petition for release information and the student will be notified of the decision of the committee.
- The committee generally takes about one week to make a decision.
University Withdrawal Process:
- Housing & Residential Education and Dining Services will charge a daily rate (per diem) to students who withdraw from the fall semester by November 11, 2019, and from the spring semester by April 13, 2020. After these dates, students will be charged in full for their meal plans and housing. There will be a full refund of unused dining dollars through the end of each semester.
- For more information on the withdrawal process from the University, please visit the UNC Office of the Registrar.
Contract Terms and Conditions
Each student agrees to the terms and conditions of the housing contract when they complete the online housing contract. The terms and conditions for each area is listed below:
Visiting Scholar Leases
Transition Housing at Gordon Hall
Current Student Change Room Request Form
Students currently living on campus can request to move rooms. Fill out the Room Move Interest Form to indicate to our staff where you would prefer to live on campus. All requests are processed in date order and depend on availability within the hall.
The Room Move Interest Form will go "live" on Monday, August 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Optional Confidential Contact Person Form
Students who are living in on-campus housing can provide the name and contact information for a confidential contact person. This person would be contacted if the student is determined to be missing.