Reisher Scholars Program
Recognizing Scholarship and Contributions To The Community
If you’re a motivated student from Colorado and meet the eligibility criteria, you may be selected to participate in the Reisher Family Scholarship Program. The scholarship program is designed to replace student loans for qualified recipients who show promise of making a future contribution to the community through service, leadership, work or unique experiences.
- Must be Colorado resident.
- Must be transferring from a Colorado community college as a junior or entering second year at Northern Colorado as a continuing student.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Must demonstrate financial need through completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 1 priority date.
- Must submit University of Northern Colorado Universal Scholarship application by the March 1 deadline.
- Funding to cover students’ unmet need for up to six semesters assuming continued good academic standing. Awards range from $4,000 to $11,000 per academic year.
- Annual dinner hosted by the Reisher family and various personal, career and financial workshop opportunities.
- Recognition as a Reisher Scholar.
About the Program
The Reisher Scholars Program awards scholarships to Colorado students based upon demonstrated financial need and academic merit. The program seeks to help promising Colorado students earn their undergraduate degrees without incurring additional educational debt. The Reisher Scholars Program is unique in that it focuses on rising college sophomores and transfer students from community colleges who have already demonstrated academic and leadership potential as undergraduates.
The program was established in 2001 by the Reisher family. Roger and Margaret Reisher came from modest means and were the first in their families to attend and graduate from college. Appreciating how much their education impacted their lives and success in the banking industry, the Reishers established the program to help fill a gap in Colorado student financial aid. While many scholarships help students get started on their college journey, the Reisher Scholarship is designed to help provide students with the financial means to complete their undergraduate degree.
Currently six Colorado public universities partner with the Reisher Scholars Program. Students who have completed their freshman year at a partner university or who are transferring into one of the universities from community colleges for their junior year may apply. Applicants must meet a variety of eligibility requirements, including a GPA of 3.0 or better, demonstrated financial need and involvement in service activities.
Reisher Scholar awards are full unmet need scholarships and now range from $4,000 to $11,000 per year. From 2001 to 2014, over 1,000 students from a wide variety of backgrounds have received Reisher support, with a total of $13.5 million in scholarships. The Reisher Scholars Program continues to grow, expanding its reach and impact to help Colorado college students reach their goals.
For more information, email Sherri Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 351-3765.