Doctoral Research Endorsement
At no time should the application be printed and scanned. The Graduate School must receive the original interactive pdf. Applications not adhering strictly to these guidelines and/or not providing adequate justification will not be reviewed and will be returned to the applicant.
New faculty members who have not yet applied for Graduate Faculty (GF) status must submit an application for GF along with the application for DRE.
- Save the application to your computer, re-open it and then fill it out.
- List your highest degree earned.
- If you do not have a doctorate/terminal degree, have your Chair or Director provide a statement affirming your ability to direct doctoral research and writing.
- Make sure you have checked all appropriate boxes.
- Enter information from your CV into the box provided for evidence of Scholarship, Service and Teaching. Do not refer the review committee to your CV.
- When you are sure all the information is correct, save the pdf to your computer.
- Attach the pdf to an email and send it to your Chair/Director, who will send it on
to your Dean. In the body of the email, remind them that
- If you do not meet the scholarship standard or you do not have a doctorate/terminal degree, they are required to justify their support of your application in the areas provided for their signature.
- They must sign the pdf electronically, save it and forward it to the next office listed on the application.
- If you are a Chair, Director or Dean applying for the DRE:
- In the place where you would normally sign the application for one of your faculty members, note that you serve in the capacity of Chair, Director or Dean.
- Have your supervisor sign the application
- Send the following with your application, either as part of the application itself
or as separate attachments:
- Your updated CV in the UNC format.
- PDF scans of the first pages of three written products or artistic performances used as evidence for meeting the scholarship standards.
Registration is required. Please contact Carol Steward at email@example.com, or call 351-1805 to reserve a spot. All workshops are in Carter Hall, room 2010.
Thursday, Sept. 6
Wednesday, Sept. 26
Monday, Oct. 8
Wednesday, Nov. 7
Friday, Jan. 25
Wednesday, Feb. 13
Thursday, March 7
Tuesday, April 16