Reisher Scholars Program
The Reisher Scholars Program awards scholarships to Colorado students based upon demonstrated financial need and academic merit. The program seeks to help promising Colorado students earn their undergraduate degrees without incurring additional educational debt. The Reisher Scholars Program is unique in that it focuses on rising college sophomores and transfer students from community colleges who have already demonstrated academic and leadership potential as undergraduates.
Currently six Colorado public universities partner with the Reisher Scholars Program. Students who have completed their freshman year at a partner university or who are transferring into one of the universities from community colleges for their junior year may apply. Applicants must meet a variety of eligibility requirements, including a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better, demonstrated financial need and involvement in service activities.
- Funding to cover students’ unmet need for up to six semesters assuming continued good academic standing. Awards range from $4,000 to $11,000 per academic year.
- Annual dinner hosted by the Reisher family and various personal, career and financial workshop opportunities.
- Recognition as a Reisher Scholar.
- Must be Colorado resident.
- Must be transferring from a Colorado community college as a junior or entering second year at Northern Colorado as a continuing student.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Must demonstrate financial need through completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 1 priority date.
- Must submit University of Northern Colorado Universal Scholarship application by the March 1 deadline.