- http://www.washington.edu/doit - Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology site. Includes programs to promote the use of technology to maximize the independence, productivity and participation of people with disabilities.
Adaptive Recreation Opportunities
- http://www.fcgov.com/aro/index.php - Program provides quality and equal opportunities for recreation and leisure programs to community members with disabilities.
- www.add.org - Official site of the national attention deficit association. Covers topics such as school, research, treatment, family issues, and personal stories.
- www.chadd.org - CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization serving individuals with ADHD and their families.
- http://add.about.com - This is a very comprehensive site that is full of great information. You can find articles for parents, adults and children with ADD.
- http://www.ahead.org - Home page for the Association on Higher Education and Disability.
- www.aspergers.com - Receive information dealing with Asperger's, including symptoms and diagnosing.
- http://www.mozartcenter.com - Learning strategies that focus on improving listening skills are presented for students with a variety of disabilities including AD/HD, LD, Asperger's, and balance and control.
- http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org - Provides information and tips from how to talk to your doctor to health and wellness for individuals with Epilepsy.
- http://www.cancer.org - The American Cancer Society created an information hub for individuals with many different types of cancers.
- http://www.cerebralpalsyguide.com - shares educational materials to families and individuals affected by cerebral palsy, including information about different therapies, treatment options, and financial resources.
- http://www.bu.edu/cpr - Home site for the center for psychiatric rehabilitation. You will find information on recovering and dealing with a psychiatric disability.
- http://www.nimh.nih.gov - The National Institute of Mental Health site includes fact sheets for a wide variety of psychiatric disabilities.
- The Rider's Guide was created to assist people with their transportation needs and to further the mobility coordination goals of the Larimer and Weld County Mobility Councils. For more information, see: http://www.nfrmpo.org/aboutus/MobilityCoordination.aspx
Traumatic Brain Injury
- http://www.tbiguide.com - A resource of general information for people with a TBI
- http://www.nlm.nih.gov/archive//20040830/pubs/cbm/tbi.html - A list of current articles and books dealing with the issue of rehabilitation after a TBI.
- http://www.tbi.org - Useful information, resource list, and search capabilities for TBI related topics.
- http://www.biausa.org - A great sight that is loaded with helpful information ranging from symptoms to prevention to upcoming conferences.
- http://www.lighthouse.org - A resource for those with vision impairment, includes interesting articles and resources. Available in Text Only version for screen readers.
- http://www.acb.org - Official website for the American Council for the Blind. Includes articles, resources, job listings, legislative and news information. Screen reader friendly.
- http://www.nfb.org - Official website for the National Federation of the Blind. Includes a variety of articles, resources, and current information. Screen reader friendly.