- http://www.washington.edu/doit - Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology site. Includes programs
to promote the use of technology to maximize the independence, productivity and participation
of people with disabilities.
Adaptive Recreation Opportunities
- www.add.org - Official site of the national attention deficit association. Covers topics such
as school, research, treatment, family issues, and personal stories.
- www.chadd.org - CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) is the
nation’s leading non-profit organization serving individuals with ADHD and their families.
- http://add.about.com - This is a very comprehensive site that is full of great information. You can find
articles for parents, adults and children with ADD.
- www.aspergers.com - Receive information dealing with Asperger's, including symptoms and diagnosing.
- http://www.mozartcenter.com - Learning strategies that focus on improving listening skills are presented for
students with a variety of disabilities including AD/HD, LD, Asperger's, and balance
- http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org - Provides information and tips from how to talk to your doctor to health and wellness
for individuals with Epilepsy.
- http://www.cancer.org - The American Cancer Society created an information hub for individuals with many
different types of cancers.
- http://www.cerebralpalsyguide.com - shares educational materials to families and individuals affected by cerebral palsy,
including information about different therapies, treatment options, and financial
- http://www.bu.edu/cpr - Home site for the center for psychiatric rehabilitation. You will find information
on recovering and dealing with a psychiatric disability.
- http://www.nimh.nih.gov - The National Institute of Mental Health site includes fact sheets for a wide variety
of psychiatric disabilities.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- http://www.lighthouse.org - A resource for those with vision impairment, includes interesting articles and
resources. Available in Text Only version for screen readers.
- http://www.acb.org - Official website for the American Council for the Blind. Includes articles, resources,
job listings, legislative and news information. Screen reader friendly.
- http://www.nfb.org - Official website for the National Federation of the Blind. Includes a variety of
articles, resources, and current information. Screen reader friendly.