To Go Options
We understand the demands of classes and jobs may not leave you with much time to sit down in one of our dining rooms and have a meal. No matter the reason, we have options for you to help keep you on schedule.
Bear On The Run is available in Holmes Dining Hall and Tobey-Kendel Dining Room, and Gourmet To Go can be found at Holmes Dining Hall.
Bear On The Run
Bear On The Run is our "hot" to go option. You can get food from the dining room (using one of our green reusable containers -- shown above) and take it with you. This option is available at Tobey-Kendel Dining Room and Holmes Dining Hall during all meals. Here's how it works:
- Go to Holmes Dining Hall or Tobey-Kendel Dining Room for your meal.
- The first time you use the Bear On The Run program, you'll need to hand your UNC Card to the checker and request a green Bear On The Run container.
- There is an initial $5 cost for these containers. You can choose to pay with cash or Dining Dollars.
- Faculty/Staff who are on the payroll deduction program can choose to swipe again for their container -- instead of paying cash.
- After you get your container, you can choose your meal from the foods offered in the dining room.
- You can choose 2 entrées and unlimited sides, but the lid of the container must close completely.
- You get a biodegradable cup that will hold either hot or cold items such as soup or a beverage.
- Disposable utensils, cup lids/sleeves, and napkins are available nearby (don't forget them).
- Take your Bear On The Run container with you, and enjoy your meal!
- The next time you come back to the dining room, bring your used container with you -- we'll switch you for a clean one.
- It's always a good idea to wipe out your container after you've used it. You don't need to wash it (we'll do that for you), but we don't want to get moldy containers back, either.
- If you don't want to use the Bear On The Run container the next time you come in, bring it back anyway. We'll give you a carabineer to take with you -- so then all you have to do is bring that carabineer back the next time you swipe in and want to use a Bear On The Run container. We'll trade you the carabineer for a clean container.
- Please consume your take-out food within 2 hours or refrigerate at 40° or below for no more than one day. Reheat to a minimum of 165°.
- UNC Dining Services is not responsible for food once it leaves the dining location.
Gourmet To Go
Gourmet To Go is a fast, easy, and convenient alternative when you don’t have much time for lunch during the week.
Stop by Holmes Dining Hall (on west campus) during lunch, Monday through Friday, and grab a Gourmet To Go.
Choose one item from each category:
- specialty deli sandwich, protein pack, chef's salad
- soup, specialty salad, fresh baked items, fresh fruit, fresh veggies
- chips, desserts, quick snacks
In order to continue to provide fast service to all our customers & ensure product availability, Bear Plan holders are limited to 2 Gourmet To Go or Bear on the Run per meal period.
You can access daily dining room menus online or on the UNC Mobile App. Please be aware that all menus are subject to change due to product availability.
UNC Dining Services serves and uses the following products, among others, in meal preparation: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, wheat, and products containing gluten and soy. Dietary information is available upon request. Students who have dietary or allergy-related questions or concerns about any item offered by Dining Services should contact the Dining Room Manager or the Dining Services Office. For more information or if you would like further clarification regarding Dining Services policies, please contact the Dining Services Office located in Tobey-Kendel Hall, Room 120, call 970-351-2652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.