Faculty and Staff Resources
If this is an emergency and you need immediate help call the UNC Police 970-351-2245.
If you are concerned about a student’s distressed or disruptive behavior and are not sure how to approach them, please contact Student Outreach and Support at 351-2796. Please be aware that although Student Outreach and Support and Community Standards and Conflict Resolution are both part of the Dean of Students Office, they have separate purposes. We are interested in assisting you to provide healthy and productive learning environments that are safe for everyone.
Possible Signs of Distress
- Change in academic performance or behavior
- Excessive absence or tardiness
- Exaggerated emotional responses
- Feelings of depression
- Excessive confusion
- Verbal or written references to suicide
Examples of Disruptive Behavior
- Distractions in class
- Yelling or screaming
- Persistent and unreasonable demands for time and attention
- Intimidating or harassing words or actions