COVID-19 Counseling Center Updates
Remote Access Services offered during COVID-Pandemic
We recognize the tremendous impact that the pandemic has had on the UNC student body and community at large. We have been working diligently to shift our operations to ensure ongoing support for the community and for the safety of students and staff. We have transitioned to services by phone or online. No in-person appointments will be scheduled until further notice.
The counseling center is available during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) as counselor availability allows.
Please be advised that all students, faculty, or staff receiving services via phone or online must be present in the state of Colorado at the time of the appointment. If you are currently out of state, our staff will work with you to provide support and identify local resources and referral options. We encourage you to continue to check here for additional updates as the situation evolves.
COVID-19 Safety at UNC
UNC will always prioritize student and campus community health and safety. UNC has been actively monitoring the evolving Coronavirus situation at a university level and is providing regular updates on our COVID-19 website.
We Are Offering...
- Remote appointments with ongoing clients by phone or video: if you have a scheduled appointment, your counselor will contact you at the time of the appointment.
- Remote quick access appointments by phone or video: available between 9 - 4pm by calling 970-351-2496 or via email at UNCCounselingcenter@unco.edu.
Note that calls and emails will be answered in the order received.
- Psychiatric follow-ups via videoconferencing: schedule a psychiatric follow-up, please call 970-351-2496 or email UNCCounselingcenter@unco.edu
- After-hours on-call crisis support (5 p.m. - 8 a.m. and weekends): call 970-351-2496 to access the on-call counselor
- Remote Initial Consultations by phone or video: available between 9-4pm by calling 970-351-2496 or via email at UNCCounselingcenter@unco.edu.
- Alcohol and Other Drug Assessments (AOD Assessments). Please call 970-351-2496 or email UNCCounselingcenter@unco.edu.
We Are Not Offering...
At this time we are not able to offer:
- In-person appointments
- Psychiatric intakes
- Group therapy services and workshops