Commencement Information for Faculty
Cap and Gown Rental, Distribution and Return
If you are unable to attend the Grad Fair, you still need to rent regalia for the ceremony regalia must be ordered by April 2, 2020 (9:59 pm MST). The Fair will be held at the University Center in front of the Bookstore on Wednesday, February 19, 10-5pm and Thursday, February 20, 10-5 pm. This spring Unique Recognition is also offering a Ship-to-Home feature (more details to follow).
Faculty Regalia Order Form
After this deadline the next opportunity to rent will be at distribution. Please see dates/times/location below for more information.
Distribution of regalia will take place at the Recreation Center on Thursday, May 7, from 10:00-5:00 p.m. and Friday, May 8, 10:00-5:00 p.m.
A representative from the Herff Jones company will also be available at Commencement line-up one hour before the ceremony begins for adjustments to regalia accessories (tassels, hoods) and for last minute regalia distribution. The Herff Jones representative will require cash only payment; no credit cards or checks will be accepted for any orders made during Commencement line-up and distribution.
For Faculty Planning to Attend
- Parking will be available for faculty participating in Commencement in any of UNC’s lots
- If possible, please RSVP your attendance to the Commencement Marshals (lynn.klyde-allman or email@example.com)
- Faculty who are planning to march in the ceremonies should assemble in the following locations and must appear in the appropriate academic regalia:
- Spring and Fall Graduate Ceremonies - Meet in the Recreation Center auxiliary gym, 6:30 p.m.
- Fall 2019 Undergraduate Ceremony - Meet in the Recreation Center auxiliary gym
- EBS, HSS, UC 8:30 a.m.
- MCB, NHS, PVA 12:00 p.m.
- Spring Undergraduate Ceremony - Meet in the Bank of Colorado Arena at Butler Hancock Athletic Center, 9:30 a.m.
During the ceremony
College faculty are encouraged to meet and congratulate their students in the center aisle of the seating area.