Colorado Substitute Stipend
The Colorado Department of Education, in partnership with the Colorado Center for Rural Education at the University of Northern Colorado, are pleased to announce the availability of a $300 stipend for new, first time substitutes (on or after January 1, 2020). The funds can be used to reimburse a variety of costs associated with obtaining a substitute authorization.
First-time Substitutes with a valid 1-year, 3-year, 5-year, or 2021-22 Substitute Authorization from CDE may qualify for the stipend upon meeting eligibility requirements detailed below.
To be eligible for the $300 stipend, individuals must:
- Be a first‐time substitute with a valid Colorado State Board of Education Educator Certification (Substitute Authorization) on or after 1/1/2020 OR teacher license, no contract, and are a new substitute after 3/1/2020
- Register and attend a CDE Substitute Boot Camp
- Work a minimum of one day as a new substitute in a Colorado school district, BOCES, charter or approved facility school with an initial first day of service as a substitute on or after 3/1/2020
To Receive $300 Colorado Substitute Stipend Payment:
Eligible applicants must submit the following documents after eligibility requirements have been met to the Colorado Substitute Stipend Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colorado Substitute Stipend Certification Form with valid date on or after 1/1/2020
- Independent Contractor Service Provider Information
- Colorado State Board of Education Educator Certification (Substitute Authorization) OR teacher license, no contract, and are a new substitute after 3/1/2020 (Include explanation that you do not have a contract with a school district and are a new substitute after 3/1/2020)
Questions? Contact Us
Thinking about applying? Don't forget to check out some of our most frequently asked questions first.