Colorado Substitute Stipend
The Colorado Department of Education, in partnership with the Colorado Center for Rural Education at the University of Northern Colorado, are pleased to announce the availability of a $300 stipend for new, first time substitutes (on or after January 1, 2020). The funds can be used to reimburse a variety of costs associated with obtaining a substitute authorization.
We are currently accepting applications for the Colorado Substitute Stipend. Questions? Email email@example.com
To be eligible for the $300 stipend, individuals must:
- Be a first‐time substitute with a valid Colorado State Board of Education Educator Certification (Substitute Authorization) on or after 1/1/2020 OR are a retired teacher with a current license, no contract and are a new substitute after 3/1/2020
- Register and attend a CDE Substitute Boot Camp
- Work a minimum of one day after 3/1/2020 in a Colorado school district, BOCES, charter or approved facility school (private schools are not eligible)
To Receive $300 Colorado Substitute Stipend Payment:
Eligible applicants must submit the following documents after eligibility requirements have been met to the Colorado Substitute Stipend Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please PRINT TO PDF to save documents before sending them.
- Colorado Substitute Stipend Certification Form with valid date on or after 1/1/2020
- Independent Contractor Service Provider Information
- Colorado State Board of Education Educator Certification (Substitute Authorization) OR are a retired teacher with a current license, no contract and are a new substitute after 3/1/2020
Have questions about required documents? See the FAQ below!
Questions? Contact Us
Thinking about applying? Don't forget to check out some of our most frequently asked questions first.