Colorado Substitute Stipend
The Colorado Department of Education, in partnership with the Colorado Center for Rural Education at the University of Northern Colorado, are pleased to announce the availability of a $300 stipend for new, first-time substitutes. The funds can be used to reimburse a variety of costs associated with obtaining a substitute authorization. Please review the Eligibility Requirements to see if you qualify.
Updated December 2022: New applications are not currently being processed. Please check back mid-January for updates.
To be eligible for the $300 stipend, individuals must meet all 3 requirements:
- Meet one of the three listed licensing requirements below:
- Be a first‐time substitute with a valid Colorado Substitute Authorization on or after 1/1/2020
- Be a retired teacher with a current license or Substitute Authorization, no contract and are a new substitute on or after 3/1/2020
- Be a first-time substitute with a valid Colorado Teacher License and are a new substitute on or after 3/1/2020 (I have never held a Colorado Substitute Authorization)
2. Register and attend a CDE Substitute Boot Camp
3. Work a minimum of one day after 3/1/2020 in a Colorado school district, BOCES, charter or approved facility school (private schools are not eligible)
To Apply for the $300 Colorado Substitute Stipend Payment:
Submit the following documents after eligibility requirements have been met to the Colorado Substitute Stipend Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All forms must be complete before applications will be reviewed. If you filled out forms digitally, please PRINT TO PDF to save documents before sending them.
- Colorado Substitute Stipend Certification Form(Updated Form)
- Copy of valid Colorado Substitute Authorizationor Teacher License
- Bootcamp Certificate of Completion
- Ensure you have completed the online substitute boot camp course and that you have filled out the course completion form on the Certificate of Completion
- W-9(Page 1)
- Independent Contractor Form
- Page 1 – If you select Direct Deposit, continue to Page 2
- Page 2 (Optional) - Attach a copy of a voided check or bank letter
- Retired teachers: send us a copy of Disclosure of Compensation
HAVE YOU ATTENDED UNC IN THE PAST YEAR? If you attended UNC within a year of your application, only include Documents 1-3: Colorado Substitute Stipend Certification Form, Copy of valid Colorado Substitute Authorization or Teacher License, and Bootcamp Certificate of Completion. Include in the email if you have or have not been paid through UNC.
Have questions about how to fill out the required documents? See the FAQ below!
Questions? Contact Us
Thinking about applying? Don't forget to check out some of our most frequently asked questions first.