Jump to main content

COVID-19: News and Campus Updates


For students with valid F-1 or J-1 status, most CIE forms can now be submitted online through the new UNC Global portal.  Login with your BearMail email and UNC password.

For students with F-2 and J-2 status, and students currently without status (if you have applied for reinstatement, for instance, but USCIS has not approved you), you can use the following links to the "classic" UNC Global portal:

Maintain Legal Status

Update Address Information in Ursa (within 10 days)

Finding an Immigration Attorney


Social Security and On Campus Employment Information 
Academic Training Instructions 
On Campus Employment Information   Employment Opportunities  
I-765: USCIS Application for Work Authorization  

Other Immigration Information

Change of Status Information   
Driver's License & State ID Information  
Automatic Revalidation at the Port of Entry  

Finding an Immigration Attorney  Travel Information  
Visa Invitation Letter  
Adding Dependent Family Members to Students' Immigration Records