UNC has over 40 international partnerships.
Alliances with universities around the world are important for the advancement of disciplinary and professional knowledge and the cultural competence of students, faculty, and staff.
Our international partners send us talented students, welcome UNC students in study abroad and exchange programs and encourage eminent scholars to collaborate with UNC’s distinguished faculty in research, scholarships, creative works, curriculum, and instructional methodology.
Strategic International Partners
UNC has begun to identify strategic international partners that are committed to working closely with UNC in serious academic endeavors. UNC selects partners based on having:
- An established commitment to high-quality post-secondary education
- Existing formal and informal collaborations with UNC across several program areas
- A distinguished reputation as a comprehensive institution of higher education or a public or private entity with experience in supporting universities
- Demonstrated success in operating a range of international education programs
- An interest in enhancing its partnerships with UNC
- Professed priorities for meeting the needs of students and conducting educational and business operations in an ethical manner
At this time four universities in China have become strategic partners:
- Shandong Normal University
- Capital Normal University
- North China Electric Power University
- National Institute of Education Sciences