School of Special Education
• Ph.D. University of Iowa, Education, Special Education – Emotional and Behavior
• M.A. Loras College, School Administration
• B.A. Loras College, Elementary Education and Special Education
2017 to present University of Northern Colorado Professor
2014-2017 Santa Clara University Chairperson and Professor
2012-2014 St. Paul Public Schools Instructional Coach
2010-2011 American University of Antigua Chairperson and Professor
2006-2010 Cristo Rey Jesuit High School – Twin Cities Founding Principal
1989-2006 University of St. Thomas Professor (Associate, Assistant Professor)
1985-1987 Western Dubuque Community Schools Special Education Teacher
1983-1985 Northeast Iowa Technical Institute Director and Special Education Teacher
1977-1983 Western Dubuque Schools Special Education Teacher
• Inclusive school environments for Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
• Educational Leadership and Special Education Administration
• Social justice and equity for students with EBD to ensure free and appropriate public education (FAPE)
Melloy, K. J., Murry, F. R. (2019). A Conceptual Framework: Creating Socially Just
Schools for Students with Emotional
and Behavioral Disabilities. World Journal of Education, 9(5), 12.
Melloy, K. (2018). Preparing educational leaders for 21st century inclusive school communities: Transforming university
preparation programs. Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies, 7(2), 13-24.
Zirpoli, T. J., Melloy, K. (2016). Strategies for Specific Behavior Challenges. Behavior Management: Positive Applications
for Teachers (7th ed., pp. 335-368). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.