Center for Urban Education
University of Northern Colorado
1059 Alton Way, Bldg. #758
Denver, CO 80230
- Ph.D. Educational Administration and Policy, University of Minnesota
- M.A. Special Education, University of Northern Colorado
- B.S. Social Work, Colorado State University
- Provided consultation services to over 85 school districts in the United States, Canada,
England, and Scotland to assist in the implementation and sustainment of inclusive
special education services, differentiated instruction, co-teaching and collaboration.
- Provided professional development to numerous state and local educational agencies,
advocacy groups, and professional organizations.
- Advocate on behalf of students with disabilities and their families to assist families
in pursuing desired educational outcomes.
Research/Areas of Interest
- Creating and sustaining inclusive school communities
- Designing accessible curriculum and instruction for diverse learners
- Creating successful college experiences for first-generation college students
Johnstone, C., & Kronberg, R. (2015). Access to Learning Environments II – Universal
Designs for Learning. In A Rights-Based Approach to Inclusive Education Webinar Series.
New York: United Nations Children’s Fund – UNICEF.
Kronberg, R. (2013). Utilizing differentiated instruction for english language learners
with disabilities. IMPACT, 25 (1), 12-13. Institute on Community Integration and College
of Education, University of Minnesota. Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Kronberg, R. Reaching and teaching diverse learners through differentiated instruction.
In Giangreco, M. (2006). Quick guides to inclusion 3: Ideas for educating students
with disabilities. Paul Brookes Publishing Co.
York-Barr, J. & Kronberg, R. (2002). From isolation to collaboration: Learning from
effective partnerships between general and special education: In W. Sailor (Ed.) Whole
school success and inclusive education: Building partnerships for learning, achievement,
accountability (pp. 163-181). New York: Teachers College Press.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the DeForest Strunk Endowed Chair in Special Education at the University
of San Diego.