Internship Admissions, Support and Placement Data
Briefly describe in narrative form important information to assist potential applicants in assessing their likely fit with your program. This description must be consistent with the program’s policies on intern selection and practicum and academic preparation requirements:
High Plains PIC clinical training sites include Peak Wellness Center, the Colorado Center for Assessment and Counseling , Educational Service Unit #13, Options in Psychology, LLC, and Weld County Re-8 School District. Interns are afforded clinical experiences that highlight the specific shared experiences and common barriers inherent in rural health.
Does this program require applicants have received a minimum number of hours of the following at a time of application? If yes, indicate how many.
- Total Direct Contact Intervention Hours: 350 preferred
- Total Direct Contact Assessment Hours: 50 preferred
Describe any other required minimum criteria used to screen applicants:
- APA accredited doctoral program
- Dissertation proposal scheduled/defended
- Experience or interest working with underserved/diverse populations in rural areas
- Experience or interest working with children/adolescents
- Commitment to remain in rural areas of Colorado, Wyoming, or Nebraska following internship
Affiliated with UNC
High Plains PIC is partially affiliated with UNC's Department of School Psychology and applicants from UNC are heavily weighted.
High Plains PIC values the contribution of diverse interns and encourages diverse applicants to apply.
Financial and Benefit Support
Financial and other benefit support for the upcoming training year. Please note, programs are not required by the Commission on Accreditation to provide all benefits listed.
Initial Post-Internship Positions
- Total # of interns who were in the 3 cohorts: 9
- Total # of interns who did not seek employment because they returned to their doctoral program/are completing a doctoral degree: 0
Post-doctoral Residency Position (PD)
Employed Position (EP)
|Community mental health center|
|Federally qualified health center|
|Independent primary care facility/clinic|
|University counseling center|
|Veterans Affairs medical center|
|Military health center|
|Academic health center|
|Other medical center/hospital||1|
|Independent research institution|
|Independent practice setting||3||2|
|Not currently employed|
|Changed to other field|