University of Northern Colorado
Professional Counseling, Counselor Education and Supervision
Campus Box 131
Greeley, CO 80639
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education; University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
- Ed.S. in School Psychology; Pittsburgh State University, Pittsburgh, KS
- M.S. in General Psychology; Pittsburgh State University, Pittsburgh, KS
- B.S. in Psychology; Pittsburgh State University, Pittsburgh, KS
Dr. Stipanovic has worked in both school and clinical settings as a counselor and
school psychologist. She served as a research fellow for the Center for School Counseling
and Outcome Research at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst and has worked as
a research associate for the National Research Center for Career and Technical Education.
Research/Areas of Interest
- School Counseling
- Career development: the role of career and technical education for at-risk students
- Career development of immigrant and refugee students
- Stipanovic, N., Stringfield, S., Witherell, E. The influence of a career pathways model and career
counseling on students’ career and academic self-efficacy. Peabody Journal of Education (accepted).
- Stipanovic, N. (2015). Metacognitive strategies in the career development of individuals with disabilities.
Career Planning and Adult Development Journal, 31, 120-129.
- Gonshak, A., Rudasill, K., Possel, P., Nichols, A., & Stipanovic, N. (2013). Assessments of student-teacher relationships in residential treatment center
schools. Journal of Education for Students Placed At-Risk, 18(3-4), 193-214.
- Stipanovic, N. & Stringfield, S. (2013). A Qualitative inquiry of career exploration in highly implemented
CTE programs of study. International Journal of Educational Reform, 21, 334-354.