K-12 Educator Employment Days
Due to ongoing concerns and preventative measures regarding COVID-19, all in-person university events and meetings through July 31 have been canceled. Updates will be published to our COVID-19 information page as the situation develops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for Impressing School District Representatives
- Come by UNC's Center for Career Readiness (2nd floor of the UC) for a free AAEE Job Search Handbook. The Handbook is filled with job searching tips.
- Research the school district ahead of time—including its location and populations served—and be able to articulate why you are interested in that school district.
- Map of School Districts at Spring K-12 Educator Employment Days 2020 COMING SOON!
- Prior to meeting with school district representatives at the K-12 Educator Employment Days, submit your online application for the jobs and school districts of your choice; some districts will be unable to interview you at K-12 Educator Employment Days unless you have already applied for their positions online prior to the event.
- Show up for your interview. It is considered unprofessional to not show up for a scheduled interview, which may make it challenging for you to gain employment.
- Follow through on all instructions from the school district following your interview.
- Follow-up with a Thank You note. Download a sample thank you note.
Inclement Weather Policy
Should inclement weather occur, please call 970-351-4100. If the University is operating on a regular academic/work schedule, or if employees are granted a grace period to arrive, the event will be held as scheduled. Therefore, NO request for the release of obligation or refund will be granted.
In the rare circumstance that the University is closed (i.e. classes are canceled), the event will be canceled and every attempt will be made to reschedule.