Parking and Construction Updates
Up-to-date construction, parking and transportation information will be available throughout the project here and through Parking Services, University Center, Facilities Management and UNC News; and in UNC Today (for faculty and staff) and Around Campus (for students).
Parking and Transportation Modifications
North of the University Center
- Pay-to-park spaces in this parking lot have been reduced to 24 to increase the number of spaces available for annual permit holders.
- Portions of A Lot may be temporarily closed for contractor use during construction, but will be announced in advance
Immediately South of the University Center
- This parking lot, on the site of the new Campus Commons building, is permanently closed.
East of 11th Avenue between 22nd and 23rd streets
- C Lot will be available only for daytime parking and shouldn't be used as long-term or overnight parking.
- The northeast corner of the parking lot is closed to accommodate construction trailers until the project is complete.
- Other portions of the lot may be temporarily closed during construction, but will be announced in advance.
northwest of Bishop-Lehr
- Parking lot closed for use by contractor.
southeast of Ross Hall
- Additional student parking is available.
To encourage parking away from the construction area, 400 Y Lot-only permits are available at a significantly reduced cost.
- Students, faculty and staff who paid full price for annual permits can exchange them for a Y Lot-only permit and receive a refund $115 (students) and $130 (faculty and staff).
- Faculty and staff enrolled in the payroll deduction service since August can exchange their permits for Y Lot-only permits and no longer be charged for parking from Jan. 31 through summer.
Y Lot-only permits are available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at Gray Hall, 1813 8th Ave.
- To exchange your current permit, please take it with you.
- To receive the full refund, exchange your permit by Jan. 31.
There are marked UNC Police/Parking Services visitor spaces where you can park for 15 minutes to exchange or purchase a permit.
Across 11th Avenue
- Please use the crosswalk at 11th Avenue and 22nd Street during the times the tunnel is closed for construction.
- Parking in the area will continue to be monitored to identify needs for future expansion or improvements.