Deadlines and information for 2018 Student Literary Awards to be announced.
Currently enrolled undergraduate students may submit in more than one category but may submit only once per category. It is imperative that students carefully select their strongest, previously unpublished, work.
Please include the following information on the title page:
- Phone number and email
- Title of submission
- Genre of submission (Poetry, Creative Nonfiction, or Fiction)
- Maximum submission for poetry is 5 poems
- Word count for fiction and non-fiction
- 5,000 word maximum for prose
- Fiction and Nonfiction submissions must be double-spaced
- Please indicate if you would like the contest organizers to forward your submission to UNC’s literary magazine, The Crucible, for publication consideration.
The contest will employ a blind review. Students’ names should appear on the title/cover page ONLY, nowhere else in the manuscript. Please include the submission title on the first page. Manuscripts are not returned, so make sure to keep a copy of your manuscript for your records.
Submissions should be dropped off in the Department of English office, Ross Hall 1284.