Plan a Site
- What is the primary purpose of your website?
- Whom do you think will visit your website?
- Whom do you want to visit your website?
- What types of information will these users be seeking? What "tasks" will they be trying to accomplish?
- What type of image do you want to project?
- How will the content be organized into a user friendly flow?
- Who will create the web site?
- How will you maintain current information on the site?
- How will you keep your web site fresh?
- What kind of contact opportunities do you want to provide to your users?
- Who will respond to user contact/inquiries?
- What UNC links should be to and from this site?
- How are you going to measure the success of your web site?
- What keywords and descriptions should you use?
- How will you promote your web site?
- Do you need to contact Web Communications to add a link to the university Web index?
Portions adapted from Roger C. Parker's Guide to Web Content and Design : Eight Steps to Web Site Success