- Web Support
- Logging into the web server with Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver CS5 and Above
(Standard and Streaming Versions)
Once Dreamweaver is opened go to [Site]/[Manage Site]. If you have already created your site, select the site and click the "Edit" Button. If you have not set up a site, or if there aren't any sites to select, click "New...".
- "Site Name" is a nickname for the site, in this example, we will be defining the "Websupport Site".
- "Local Site Folder" is the path to your local files. Click on the folder icon to navigate to your local site. Your site is now set up. Next, we need to link it to the remote files.
Define the Remote Servers
On the right, click "Servers". Near the bottom, there should be a plus sign that will allow you to add a server:
- "Server Name" is a nickname for the server, in this example we will put www.
- "Connect Using" will be "FTP"
- "FTP Address" is "www.unco.edu"
- "username" is "unco1\first.lastname". You must first request access to the remote directory though IT.
- "password" is your password
- "Root Directory" is the directory your files are located in after www.unco.edu. For example, the Websupport site is located at "http://www.unco.edu/websupport" so this field is filled with "websupport".
- "Web URL" field should auto-populate once you have filled out "Root Directory". This field will be the full URL of the site, but isn't needed to publish.
If you are connected through http://remote.unco.edu you can hit "Test" to see if the connection was successful.
Hit the save button when you are finished.