Each Official UNC Web page must include
- The university banner positioned at the top of the page.
- Footer information at the bottom of the page which minimally includes 1) the date the page was last updated and 2) the contact person for the page, listed as an email link.
- The contact person should be person who can answer questions about the content of the page and, along with date last updated, must be the first piece of information in the footer. Additional information, such as a technical contact person for the site, is acceptable.
- The words Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Title IX Policy and Coordinator linked to the University's official equal opportunity statement in the footer of each Web page.
- The name and location of the office, etc., including mailing address, physical address, city, state, zip and phone and numbers, including area code. This can be listed wherever appropriate on the page, including as a link to the location information.
- The document title reflecting the content of the page, including the words University of Northern Colorado. The page will bookmark in most browsers under the first letter of the title so it is advisable to begin the title with "University of Northern Colorado " or the area name ( i.e., Biological Sciences at the University of Northern Colorado). so the page will bookmark under the letter U or B.
- Meta tags within the <head> tags of the page; these must be used on the home page at a minimum. Here are the instructions for use.
- Compliance with all university policies, regulations and guidelines, and local, state, and federal laws. The primary guidelines pertinent to web sites are provided through this set of Guidelines and the UNC Computer, Internet & Electronic Communications Procedures.