Student Clubs & Organizations
- All chartered clubs and organizations can have a site on the UNC Web server
- There is no charge for the site
- If an email account for the organization is needed, complete Information Technology's email account request.
- If you forget your password: Please contact support at 970-351-4357 (toll free 800-545-2331), email email@example.com, or on the web at http://help.unco.edu
- Periodic announcements are sent out on the UNC Web listserv.
- You can create your own site or ask Student Activities for assistance
- All sites must meet the University Web guidelines.
Student Activities Assistance
- Student Activities has a Web author who can help you choose a template and images for your site.
- The navigation links can be discussed with the Student Activities Web author.
- You develop the content of the pages and give it to Web author to add to the site.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Building your own Web site
Applying for a Web server account
- Fill out an application for the Web server account. Please note you must have a firstname.lastname UNC account (Personal Digital Identity - PDID) and that application section is also included on this form.
- Logons and passwords should not be shared; a new application should be filled out for each year’s new Web author
- When the Web pages have been created, set up an appointment with email@example.com to bring the completed application and a copy of the Web site for approval
Designing your Web site
- You can
- There are campus images available
- Read the UNC Computer, Internet & Electronic Communications Procedures
- Web site files should be stored on a student’s computer, flash drive or zip disk (and a backup) – do not work live on a site
- Due to security needs, files can only be transferred to the UNC Web server from a campus computer or via VPN or dial-up connection.
- Kepner and McKee labs have Dreamweaver, the recommended software
- When the Web pages have been created, set up an appointment with Ronna Johnston to bring the completed application and a copy of the Web site for approval
- Visit the logon site for details on publishing Web sites.