UNC Web Communications
What's Up Right Now
- The University has purchased a new Content Management System (CMS) from Omni Update.
- There is a new UNC web design for all sites.
- Ruffalo Noel Levitz has been contracted to write content for each undergraduate and graduate major and they will contacting departments for input.
- Promotional program pages will be created for each undergraduate and graduate program.
- Creative Services will design the home page of each academic department site (such as Biology, Political Science, etc.).
- Conversion of Phase 1 sites is nearing completion.
- .Phase 2 runs June through August 2016.
OU Campus Training
Training for Phase 2 web authors is now available. An email invitation has been sent to identified Phase 2 web authors. If you are a Phase 2 site web author and did not receive an invitation, please contact Ronna Johnston.
Part 1 training covers the basic tools such as editing pages, inserting links and images, creating new pages and using the OU Campus interface.
Part 2 training covers more advanced options such as inserting snippets to organize content,
using image galleries and setting workflow for other web authors to edit pages and
submit for approval.
There are two date/time choices for each part so register for one session only for each part. Please note these trainings are for Phase 2 web authors only.
Open labs are drop-in blocks of time for practice in your site. CETL and Web Communications staff will be there to assist you with questions.
Open Lab times:
- Wednesday, May 11, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday May 17 10 a.m. - noon
- Monday May 23 1 - 3 p.m.
These labs will be held in Michener L12
How Can Phase 3 and 4 Departments Prepare for the CMS?
- Check the content on your web sites now
- Update and reduce content where appropriate
- The top level navigation of the new design accommodates about six categories of content and many sites will need to reconsider the navigation of existing sites
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for analytics on your existing site