UNC Web Communications
What's Up Right Now
- The University has purchased a new Content Management System (CMS) from Omni Update.
- There is a new UNC web design for all sites.
- Promotional program pages have been created for each undergraduate and graduate program and will be released in late July.
- Creative Services will design the home page of each academic department site (such as Biology, Political Science, etc.).
- Phase 3 will begin with August 18 training and run through December 31.
OU Campus Training
Training for Phase 3 web authors is now available. An email invitation has been sent to identified Phase 3 web authors. If you are a Phase 3 site web author and did not receive an invitation, please contact Ronna Johnston.
Part 1 training covers the basic tools such as editing pages, inserting links and images, creating new pages and using the OU Campus interface. Each participant will be given a test site to work with.
Part 2 training covers more advanced options such as inserting snippets to organize content, using image galleries and setting workflow for other web authors to edit pages and submit for approval. Participants will continue to build on the test site created in part 1 training.
There are date/time choices for each part so register for one session only for each part. Please note these trainings are for Phase 3 web authors only.
Part 1 Session Choices
- August 25 - Michener 335
- September 1 - Michener 335
Part 2 Session Choices
- September 7 - Michener L12 (Class is full)
- September 8 - Michener 335
All sessions will be held from 9 a.m. to noon
Open labs are drop-in blocks of time for practice in your site. CETL and Web Communications staff will be there to assist you with questions.
Open labs are a great time to get away from interruptions and get lots of work done - with expert help!
Open Lab Dates
All labs will be held from 10 AM until noon. These labs will be held in Michener L12.
- August 22
- August 30
How Can Phase 4 Departments Prepare for the CMS?
- Check the content on your web sites now
- Update and reduce content where appropriate
- The top level navigation of the new design accommodates about six categories of content and many sites will need to reconsider the navigation of existing sites
- Contact email@example.com for analytics on your existing site