UNC Web Communications
What's Up Right Now
- Training on the new OU Campus Content Management System is in progress.
- Training and development for Phase 3 web authors is in progress.
- Planning and development for a redesigned Undergraduate Admissions has begun.
- The current student page has been redesigned with new content and the parent page will be completed soon.
- An upgrade to UNC's calendar is in progress.
OU Campus Training
Contributors are staff members who can edit pages that are reviewed and published by a web author; they cannot publish pages. This training will focus on the basics of creating a new page, adding content and images and submitting the page for review by a department web author.
To become a Contributor, please use the Existing SIte Access form.
Faculty training is specific to the template designed for the faculty profile content. Participants will learn how to add content, upload vitas and images and understand the UNC guidelines.
To request access to your faculty page, please use the Existing SIte Access form. Please note: Each college has specific procedures for maintenance of faculty pages.
Full Publisher Training
This is part 1 and part 2 training designed to teach web authors how to use all features of the OU Campus interface and includes explanations of best practices used to structure content on a page. Also included is file management information, such as deleting, moving or renaming a page.
Drop In and Get Help
Open labs are drop-in blocks of time for practice in your site. CETL and Web Communications staff will be there to assist you with questions.
Open labs are a great time to get away from interruptions and get lots of work done - with expert help!
Open Lab Dates
All labs will be held from 10 AM until noon. These labs will be held in Michener L12.
- Wednesday October 5, 10 - noon
- Thursday October 13, 1 - 3 PM
- Monday October 17, 10 - noon
- Tuesday October 25, 1 - 3 PM
- Friday November 11, 10 - 12 PM
Faculty Profile Page
- Thursday, October 6, 9:30 - 11:00 AM
- Friday October 7, 8:30 - 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, October 12, 2 - 3:30 PM
- Tuesday October 20, 8:30 - 9:30 AM
- Monday November 7, 3 - 4 PM
- Tuesday, October 11, 3 - 5 PM
- Tuesday October 18, 3 - 5 PM
- Friday November 4, 10 -12 PM
Full Publisher Training
- Part 1 - Tuesday, October 25, 1 - 3 PM
- Part 2 - Thursday, October 27, 1 - 3 PM
All training will be held in Michener L-12, the CETL lab.
How Can Phase 4 Departments Prepare for the CMS?
- Check the content on your web sites now
- Update and reduce content where appropriate
- The top level navigation of the new design accommodates about six categories of content and many sites will need to reconsider the navigation of existing sites
- Contact email@example.com for analytics on your existing site