Sexual Assault Victim Advocate Center (SAVA)
Super Girls and Super Boys (June-August): Do some good this summer by partnering with a Super Boy or Super Girl! SAVA staff teaches kids 6-11 about gender stereotypes and encourage healthy body image while training for a 5k. Mentors are invited to spend time with their partner a few times over the summer, write short letters each week and share in the sweet, sweet victory of finishing a 5k with their Super Girl or Super Boy. Mentors must be 18 years or older. Interested or need more info? Please contact Julie or Dylan by emailing Julia@savacenter.org or Dylan@savacenter.org or by calling our office at 970-472-4204.
SART Peers (August-May): SAVA has a fantastic group of high school seniors and juniors eager to educate their peers on healthy relationships and sexual assault, but we need YOU! SART Peers Mentors provide support to SART Peers during presentations. Please contact Julie or Dylan by emailing Julia@savacenter.org or Dylan@savacenter.org.
SAVA Hotline Advocates (ongoing): SAVA hotline advocates respond to calls that come through on SAVA’s 24-Hour Rape Crisis Hotline. Advocates are a source of invaluable support and information for those who call. For more information, please contact Jen Cagle by emailing email@example.com or calling 970-506-4059.
- Answer calls on 24-Hour Rape Crisis Hotline
- Provide emotional support and advocacy for survivor
- Provide information and resources to survivor
- If needed, accompany survivors to hospital, police station, or court dates.
- Give caller referrals to SAVA therapists or support groups
Expectations for Advocates:
- Advocates must be at least 18 years of age
- Attend 40 hour training
- Commit to volunteer for 1 year after training
- Sign up for 3 shifts per month