This semester the Student Activities Office will be providing multiple opportunities for students to become involved with their community through service events! It will be necessary for volunteers to find their own transportation to service sites, but most sites are right here in Greeley! Below are opportunities that are already lined up, and more will be added throughout the semester. For more information please contact Jimmy Kohles at James.Kohles@unco.edu
Ongoing Community Service Opportunities
- The Arc of Weld County
- Boy & Girls Clubs
- Catholic Charities
- Community Educational Outreach
- Covell Care & Rehabilitation
- Greeley Place Independent Senior Living Community
- Partners Mentoring Youth
- Poudre River Trail
- Senior Resource Services
- Sexual Assault Victim Advocate Center (SAVA)
- The United Way
- Weld County Area Agency on Aging
- Women 2 Women
- For volunteer opportunities in the Union Colony Civic Center, please contact Susan Hawkey at 970-350-9454 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth League Sports Coaches: Contact Phil Moya at 970-350-9415 or email@example.com or contact Braydon Maxwell at 970-336-4217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Forestry Department of the City of Greeley’s Culture, Parks, and Recreation Department is looking for volunteers to help plant trees in Homestead Park, Greeley’s newest green space. On Saturday, June 1st, from 8:00AM-1:00PM, volunteers will be planting 52 new trees between Highway 34 and W 29th Street, just west of 35th Avenue (Home Depot). Refreshments will be provided by. If interested, please contact Shiloh Hatcher at 970-339-2436 or Shiloh.email@example.com.
The City of Greeley Museums office is currently looking for volunteers for a number of upcoming special events and ongoing volunteer opportunities. If you're interested in volunteering, please contact Morgan Blattenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the Upcoming Service Events page.
- National Public Lands Day (Sept. 28)
- Make a Difference Day (Oct. 26)
Community Events requiring volunteers include:
- The Poudre River Trail-Athlon (May 11)
- The Poudre River Trail Challenge (Aug. 24)
There are numerous positions for volunteers to fill during each of the Community Events, including set-up, registration, station organizers, breakdown & clean-up, and much more. Additionally, volunteers are needed in the weeks and days leading up the events, if you aren’t able to volunteer the during the event.
If interested in volunteering for any of these projects or events, contact Mike Sidwell at Mike.Sidwell@greeleygov.com or (970) 336-4044.