Welcome to Veterans Services
The University of Northern Colorado proudly supports the military affiliated community by assisting in the transition process and providing a stand alone space with a strong inclusive community. The acceptance of military credit and VA education benefits, awareness events, and the unlimited contributions and uncapped opportunities for the Yellow Ribbon program are just a few reasons why students choose UNC.
Announcements and Events
- FRIDAY July 14th, 2017 Closure: Veterans Services will be conducting training for current and new staff to better serve you. Due to training, we will be closed July 14th, 2017. Thank you for your patience.
- WELCOME BRIEFING: This year's Welcome Briefing and picnic for new and returning veterans will be held on August 18th, 2017. Please check you email for invitations.
- UPDATE: The VA has requested that UNC suspend admitting VA Education Benefit students into the Foreign Language (K-12 French Teaching) program.
- Would you like to donate to the Veteran Scholarship Fund to help veterans finish strong? Please give today!
- Make sure that you fill out your FAFSA to see if you are eligible to receive federal financial aid. Most scholarships and grants do not affect your GI Bill, so apply today.
The journey at UNC and using the GI Bill and other military benefits begins here. This process may take up to 6-12 months, so it is never too soon. Whether using the Post 9/11 GI Bill or other education benefits like Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Services is here to help!
Meet the Staff: Susan Rodriguez
Social Media Guru - USA Veteran
Susan hails from the Northeast and served 10 years in the Military Police force in the US Army where she did two tours in Afghanistan. Susan is attending UNC to pursue her degree in Human Services. Susan is always busy organizing the cottage as well as working in the Economics department. She loves assisting other veterans and spending time outdoors with her partner Wes and their three kids.