Welcome to Veterans Services
The University of Northern Colorado proudly supports the military affiliated community by assisting in the transition process and providing a stand alone space with a strong inclusive community. The acceptance of military credit and VA education benefits, awareness events, and the unlimited contributions and uncapped opportunities for the Yellow Ribbon program are just a few reasons why students choose UNC.
Announcements and Events.
- Thanksgiving Break: Veterans Services will be closed November 23rd-24th due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- CERTIFICATION: Remember to certify your classes through URSA in order to decrease the delay in receiving your education benefits.
- UPDATE: The VA has requested that UNC suspend admitting VA Education Benefit students into the Foreign Language (K-12 French Teaching) program.
- Would you like to donate to the Veteran Scholarship Fund to help veterans finish strong? Please give today!
- Make sure that you fill out your FAFSA to see if you are eligible to receive federal financial aid. Most scholarships and grants do not affect your GI Bill, so apply today.
The journey at UNC and using the GI Bill and other military benefits begins here. This process may take up to 6-12 months, so it is never too soon. Whether using the Post 9/11 GI Bill or other education benefits like Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Services is here to help!
Meet the Staff: Ian Boyce
US Navy Veteran
Ian grew up right here in Greeley, CO and served 10 years in US Navy as an Information Systems Technician. He completed three Western Pacific deployments and is a Golden Shellback. Ian is attending UNC to pursue his degree in Accounting. Ian can be found organizing the cottage when he is not giving tours of our beautiful campus as a Student Ambassador. He loves assisting other veterans and is a coffee aficionado.