Photography and Video
University Photo Library
We maintain an extensive library of university images that are available online for promotional purposes. The library contains both high resolution images for use in print materials and low resolution for Web use and can be accessed through an on-campus computer or remote access.
Photography services are provided for:
- Portrait shots of individuals for Web or print publication
- Campus and event scenes used for University Relations promotional materials
- Major university events such as Commencement
We shoot photos on location or in our studio. To provide quality photo services, we practice the following guidelines:
- The university photographer is assigned to projects as available following established University Relations priorities. Please provide as much notice as possible to ensure the photographer is available.
- Offices/departments are charged for the cost of materials and travel (if necessary). If costs are anticipated, an estimate will be provided prior to the assignment being completed.
- After the assignment has been completed, the university photographer will edit the pictures and present the best images for selection.
- All original photos taken by University Relations remain the property of University Relations and may become part of the UNC photo library. However, priority use of the images remains with the office/department requesting the photography.
- A photo release is required of all models that are being photographed. The photo release outlines the terms by which the photo will be used.
- University Relations does not provide the following photo services: photographic copies, scans, processing, lab work, or photography to be used for commercial purposes.
- If the university photographer is unavailable, an outside photographer may be recommended based on the project requirements. The office/department requesting the photo services is responsible for all associated costs. In most cases, original photos remain the property of the photographer taking the images. University Relations can assist in negotiating the contract.
For additional photography information, contact the University Photographer at (970) 351-1554.
University Relations provides video services for the following campus events:
- President’s State of the University Address
Beyond the events outlined above, University Relations can assist on a limited basis with video consulting and some student-produced video services. In most cases, an outside videographer will be recommended. The office/department requesting the video services is responsible for all associated costs.