Photography and Video
University Photo Library
We maintain an extensive library of university images that are available online for promotional purposes. The library contains both high resolution images for use in print materials and low resolution for Web use and can be accessed through an on-campus computer or remote access.
Photography services are provided for:
- Portrait shots of individuals for Web or print publication
- Campus and event scenes used for University Relations promotional materials
- Major university events such as Commencement
Videography services are provided for:
- University promotional projects determined by University Relations
We shoot photos and video on location or in our studio. To provide quality photo services, we practice the following guidelines:
- The university photographer is assigned to projects as available following established University Relations priorities. Please provide as much notice as possible to ensure the photographer is available.
- Offices/departments are charged for the cost of materials and travel (if necessary). If costs are anticipated, an estimate will be provided prior to the assignment being completed.
- After the assignment has been completed, the university photographer or videographer will edit the files and present the best products for selection.
- All original photos and video taken by University Relations remain the property of University Relations and may become part of the UNC asset library. However, priority use of the files remains with the office/department requesting the photography or videography.
- A photo release is required of all models that are being photographed or videotaped. The photo release outlines the terms by which the images will be used.
- University Relations does not provide the following services: photographic copies, scans, processing, lab work, other resource video editing or photography to be used for commercial purposes.
- If the university photographer or videogrpaher is unavailable or if the project is not within University Relations priorities, an outside service may be recommended based on the project requirements. The office/department requesting the photo services is responsible for all associated costs. In most cases, original files remain the property of the photographer taking the images.
For additional information, contact the Director of Creative Services, Rob.Trubia@unco.edu.