Events & Meetings
Table Usage/Rentals in Lower Level
Tables may be rented in the lower level of the University Center by student groups, UNC departments, or vendors. Contact Event Planners at (970) 351-1315 to reserve a table.
The following policies apply to table rentals:
- All tables and chairs must be reserved through the Scheduling and Events Office. Table(s) must be reserved at least 24 hours before they are to be used.
- University departments and Student Senate chartered organizations may utilize corridor table facilities outside of Computer Commons at no charge, unless they are sponsoring a vendor. Non-UNC groups must pay the current rental rates.
- Special bookings for the use of all tables in the lower level may be scheduled for fair or festival-type presentations. The following conditions must be met:
- All sponsoring groups must be a campus department or chartered/recognized organization.
- The event must be of general campus interest, particularly to the academic community.
- The number of spaces and locations as specified shall not be altered.
- No moving of tables is allowed. Only University Center staff are authorized to move tables. Tables are not allowed out of the building except in special circumstances that must be approved in advance for events on the University Center lawn.
- Users must stay within the assigned space and table and may not spread into the aisle or onto the benches. Traffic flow may not be impeded.
- All boxes and other items must be kept either on top of or underneath the tables, and may not be stacked against the walls or in the aisles. Boxes may be stacked against the brick wall of the hallway for the lower level mall corridor tables.
- Members of the sponsoring organization must attend the table at all times and adhere to all University policies and procedures.
- Table must be occupied within one hour after the start time of occupancy or may be released to another group.
- Due to fire and safety regulations, the space available for vendor has to be limited to the following: six feet wide by five feet deep (5’ x 6’) space for the table areas in front of Computer Commons. Less space may be available for other areas.
- All merchandise, materials, and equipment must be removed from the building each day.
- Radios, CD-players, etc., must be played at a level not objectionable to other users of the building, and their use is at the discretion of University Center Management.
- Electrical outlets are available at some locations. Last minute electrical power requests may be rejected due to safety problems.
- Table rental fee must be paid no later than the day the table is reserved for.
- Additional charges will be assessed for equipment reserved through the University Center.
- Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours in advance or vendor will be assessed the table rental fee. Cancellations for tables reserved during peak periods (first two weeks of a semester and finals week) must be received at least two (2) weeks in advance or vendor will be assessed the table rental fee.