School Districts to Consider
If you do not know where to request student teaching placement, please consider the following options. Below are included only districts that specifically requested our teacher candidates placed.
- Student teaching abroad
- Research CDE website to learn about any district in the State
- Make sure to consider variety and diversity of your field experiences. For example, Elementary teacher candidates who already had experience in intermediate grades, should request placement in early grades. Similarly, a Secondary candidate who had been placed in a high school setting before, may consider a middle school placement. All students who have previous experience in a suburban setting, should consider
an urban or rural school.
- District 6 Greeley-Evans requires you to submit an on-line application directly to the District. When you reach Position Desired page, scroll down page and select “Student Teacher”. The application includes Teacher Insight assessments, which takes a few minutes to complete. If you are having any difficulties with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 970-348-6072.
- Aurora Public Schools require you to submit a special application.
- Adams School District 12 has special instructions. Click here for details.
- Cherry Creek Schools requires you to submit a special application. Click here for detailed instructions.
- Academy School District 20 requires you to submit a special application.
- Academy for Advanced and Creative Learning, Colorado Springs (Co Spgs Dist. 11)
- Poudre School District requires you to submit additional information.
- Pueblo School District 60 requires you to submit a special application.
- Summit County District requires you to submit a special application and Confidentiality Form.
- Widefield School District requires you to submit a Student Teaching Request Form. See instructions here.
- The Classical Academy requires you to submit a special application.
- Judson Independent School District Near San Antonio, Texas Invites UNC Student teachers
- Global Village Academy K-8 Charter School Invites UNC Student teachers
If you are a district administrator and would like to host UNC's teacher candidates for student teaching, please e-mail to Marita Johnson, STE Placement Coordinator. We will post your information on this page and refer our students to it when they consider placement requests.