- The summer semesters are hosted at the University of Northern Colorado home campus in Greeley. This is toward the northeast corner of the state, about an hour from Denver.
- Two TASL courses will be offered during the summer in a hybrid 8-week semester. These courses begin online, continue onsite, and then online with the final projects / assignments due in August. Students obtaining their Colorado teacher licensures may take additional online courses in the summer.
- The onsite session is scheduled from about 8:30 am to 4:00 pm weekdays for four weeks. There are required daily homework and other assignments that will typically take a significant portion of the evenings and weekends.
- Federal law mandates that each credit hour has 15 contact hours as well as 30 homework hours per credit and thus, the summer schedule was designed to ensure full compliance with the law.
- Summer students are offered the opportunity to stay on-campus in North Hall in the UNC Residence Halls which has 2-bedroom shared suites with private bedrooms, shared bath, living area, and communal kitchen area.
- For 2014, the cost of the dorm was $986.25 along with a $5.00 registration fee which totaled $991.25 for the four week period. Students provided their own meals. 2015 costs have not been determined yet. There are also discussions to make meal plans available to students as well.
2015 SUMMER SCHEDULE
May 11 - May 29 - Online Orientation (Required for Cohort #2)
June 8 - June 19 - Two week online session
June 24 - 27 ASLTA Conference (Not required to attend)
June 29 - ALL DAY Orientation (Required for all)
June 30- July 24 - Onsite Session
July 27 - August 7 - Online Session / Project Completion
August 12 - Grades Due