Information management and technology has implemented changes that reduce both use of resources—from paper to electricity.
- Instituted centralized power management for all computers
- Implemented standard efficient equipment specifications such as flat panel LCD monitors
- Rightsized computer labs
- Implemented Pharos “Pay to Print” system
- Installed FaxMaker Pro
- Implemented Extender scanning system for accounts payable
- Moved to Voice over IP for phone system
- Standardized PC refresh program
- Offered an annual shred fest
UNC has migrated to a virtual server environment which allows many applications to run on a single machine. Virtual deployments reduce hardware, maintenance and cooling costs while increasing efficiency.