Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunity
- $7,500 annual educational scholarship, renewable for up to four academic years with maintained eligibility (includes Fall and Spring semesters only)
- An Apple iPad technology package for educational support is gifted to incoming participants
- Engage with a collective group of supportive women
- Participate in a year-long program of empowerment, personal growth, and leadership development
- Social Justice and Identity workshops: participating in discussions about oppression, privilege, race, class, gender, sexuality, and activism
- Leadership Development Seminars: workshop curriculum is based on Kouzes and Posner: The Student Leadership Challenge: The Five Practices for Exemplary Leaders and Tom Rath: Strengths Finder 2.0
- Community Engagement: participation in the Stryker Institute Sisters (SIS) program, in which we partner with the Greeley Dream Team to mentor youth from local middle schools
- Special Guests: Outstanding leaders who make a difference share their stories
- Identify as a woman from an underrepresented group (including, but not limited to: age, dependents, ethnicity, first-generation, gender identity, race, undocumented, veteran)
- Admission to the University of Northern Colorado; enrolled in a degree seeking program as a full-time student
- Recipients must be classified as a sophomore, junior, or senior
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st priority deadline, if applicable
- Meet minimum 2.5 GPA requirements from the University of Northern Colorado or other college or university upon attending
- Commitment to participate fully in the program, attend all workshops, and complete required assignments
- Complete the UNC Universal Scholarship Application by March 1st, priority deadline. Within this application, by indicating you identify as a woman or transwoman and as a member of an underrepresented group, the Stryker Institute application will be made available to you.
- Complete the Stryker Institute for Leadership Development scholarship application by downloading the pdf and saving it to your computer. Once you have filled out the entire application, upload it to the same page you downloaded the file. Then, upload your letter of recommendation. Both of these files must be uploaded by June 1st in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- All applications will be reviewed by a non-UNC committee. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status before the next academic year.