2007-2008 Stryker Scholarship Cohort with Ronda Stryker and Stryker Institute Staff
In addition to our multiple services, Stryker is dedicated to helping students foster and cultivate their leadership capability and educational attainment by providing financial support in the form of undergraduate and graduate scholarships.
Stryker scholarships are available to female non-traditional students who want to contribute their talents to their community and make a difference.
- Scholarships for undergraduates are renewable $5,000 per year and include a personal laptop computer with software.
- Our graduate student scholarships are renewable $7,000 per year.
- Admission to the University of Northern Colorado and enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 1 deadline
- Completion of the UNC Universal Scholarship Application by the March 1 deadline
- A 2.75 GPA from high school, the University of Northern Colorado, or other college or university
- A conveyed commitment to participate fully in the program and complete the required projects*
- Receive an invitation to apply from the Institute
*Required projects include:
- Attend bi-monthly leadership workshops
- SIS mentoring two Saturdays per month in the Spring (returning scholars only)
- One on ones with GAs twice per semester
- Assist in facilitating workshops (returning scholars only)
- Completing assigned reading and projects
*Applicant’s are notified of their acceptance into the Stryker Student Leader program before the next academic year.