Welcome to the Stryker Institute for Leadership Development!
Upcoming Info Sessions!
Thursday, March 24th 12pm-1:30pm at the Women's Resource Center
Wednesday, March 30th 3:30pm-5pm at the Cesar Chavez Cultural Center
Wednesday, April 13th 3:30pm-5pm at the Women's Resource Center
- The Stryker Institute for Leadership Development's 2016-2017 academic year application is due June 1, 2016.
- If you have any further questions regarding the application, please visit our FAQ page under our "Scholarships" tab on the left.
- Please remember: Submitted letters of recommendation are not confidential and can be viewed by the applicant during the upload process.
- First Year Participants: explore social justice issues, identity, and intersectionalities
- Second Year Participants: develop leadership leadership skills while integrating your social justice experience
- Third Year Participants: practice your leadership through a mentorship program with local underrepresented youth
- Fourth Year Participants: create a leadership capstone
- Identify as a woman from an underrepresented group (including, but not limited to: age, dependents, ethnicity, first-generation, gender identity, race, undocumented, veteran)
- Admission to the University of Northern Colorado; enrolled in a degree seeking program as a full-time student
- Recipients must have completed at least 24 class credits
- Complete the Universal Scholarship Application and the Stryker Institute application on URSA
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st priority deadline, if applicable
- Meet minimum 2.5 GPA requirements from the University of Northern Colorado or other college or university upon attending
- Commitment to participate fully in the program, attend all workshops, and complete required assignments
Get on our Interest List
If you would like to be added to our 2016-2017 Scholarship Interest List, please fill out this survey. This survey will close on May 1, 2016.