This position is currently filled.
Position Description: Graduate Assistant for the Stryker Institute for Leadership Development
Mission of the Stryker Institute for Leadership Development:
The Stryker Institute for Leadership Development supports the personal, social, and academic achievement of women from underrepresented groups at the University of Northern Colorado. We accomplish this by providing access to educational opportunities, empowering women through encouragement and space for personal growth, cultivating leadership potential, and fostering connectedness and community.
The Stryker Institute celebrates the unique identity of each woman and the strength of our collective voice in positively impacting our families and communities. The Stryker experience is characterized by self-exploration, self-reflection, and celebration of our intersecting identities, and cultivates the individual and collective success of women through social justice and leadership development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include (and not limited to):
The Stryker Institute for Leadership Development is looking for a Graduate Student who demonstrates passion and commitment to social justice and leadership and who seeks an opportunity to grow both personally and professionally through the mentorship offered by the Stryker Institute and WRC staff in the GA position.
With the support of Leadership Coordinator, GA will:
- Co-develop, prepare and facilitate 2nd Year Cohort leadership development workshops with 4th year participants
- Prepare materials for workshop curriculums for multiple cohorts and social events
- Collaborate with all staff (Women’s Resource Center [WRC], Graduate Assistant, student staff) and connected campus entities (Center for Human Enrichment, cultural centers, Aims Community College, Weld County District 6, etc.) to maintain relationships
- Interact with students to further support the development of their own awareness of their identities and leadership
- Prepare and present materials for program recruitment efforts (New Student Orientation, fairs, tabling, etc.)
- Support assessment and evaluation of programs and services utilizing both qualitative and quantitative research
- Support participant application processes
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to the Institute including customer service, responding to phone calls and emails, and serving as a referral resource for the UNC community
- Maintain up to date website and marketing materials
- Attend all staff and program-related meetings
- Maintain online engagement, including social media and academic classroom management system (ex. Blackboard)
- Serve on planning committee for Women’s Conference and other WRC events
- Must be available for workshops (which occur on evenings and weekends)
- Twelve month, fiscal year appointment, beginning July 1st 2016; 20 hours per week that include some evening hours and weekends. Included is tuition remission up to 10 Master's level credits and monthly stipend..
- Must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of Northern Colorado
- Experience with program development and implementation
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of self-direction, organization, initiative, and reliability
- Knowledge and awareness around social justice and systems of power and privilege and a desire to engage social justice within this position
- Maintain a desire to further develop your own identities and understanding of others’ identities
- Previous leadership or other experience in working with students who hold underrepresented identities
- Ability to engage an audience during group presentations
For more information about this position please email Sarah Aragon, Leadership Coordinator of Stryker Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 970-351-2634 or Yvette Lucero-Nguyen, Director of the Stryker Institute at email@example.com or call: 970-351-1506.