Special Education Doctoral Student Organization
The Special Education Doctoral Student Organization (SEDSO) is a UNC student group that was formed in the fall of 2016 by Aimee Massafra, Katrine Gosselin, and Jason Robinson to provide a support network for students in the Doctoral Program in Special Education. All doctoral learners in special education are welcome and invited to join meetings and events hosted by SEDSO at any time.
Faculty Adviser: Dr. Silvia Correa-Torres
- Collaborate with faculty members within the UNC Special Education Department to strengthen communication between doctoral students and university professors.
- Invite speakers from inside and outside of UNC to discuss topics of interest for special education doctoral students.
- Enhance collaboration among special education doctoral students through frequent meetings and events.
- Share information related to pertinent aspects of the special education doctoral program such as the development of a plan of study, course scheduling, matrix completion.
- Share information related to state, national, and international special education conferences with fellow doctoral students.
For more up-to-date information, resources, and a calendar of SEDSO events, please visit our Facebook page.