SOCIOLOGY CLUB: SOCIALLY CONSTRUCTED
This service organization consists primarily of sociology majors and minors but it is open to any University of Northern Colorado student who is interested in participating in the activities of the club. This club is registered as a U.N.C. student organization. Following are some activities of the Sociology Club: Socially Constructed during the past 3 years.
- Participate in Cans for Candelaria (1st place 2012)
- Participated in Weld Project Connect
- Fundraiser at the Kress
- Hosted New Members Welcoming Potluck
- Participated in Stair Climb event for American Lung Association
- Participated in Relay for Life at UNC
- Held a club t-shirt tie-die event
Being involved can provide you with hands on experience you can use in your career. Leadership positions can be especially helpful. Currently the leadership positions the club provides are President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Marketing. Keep in mind that any volunteer experience, whether in a leadership position or not, provides valuable hands on experience.
Come and join us for fun and interaction with other sociology majors and minors!
SOCIOLOGY CLUB LISTSERV
The Sociology Department would like to invite you to join the Sociology Club: Socially Constructed listserv. Useful information such as club meeting information, club events, and general Sociology news will be sent out via the listserv. As a subscriber, you will receive communication instantly and stay well informed.
Gain experience by being an officer and coordinate events. Officer positions are:
- Vice President
Here’s how to subscribe:
- Make sure to remove your signature from the message, if you are using one.
- Use plain text (instead of rich text , backgrounds, or HTML) when you send the email.
- From the email account on which you wish to receive our messages:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave the subject line blank
- In the message box, type the following: subscribe SOCIOLOGY-CLUB
- Once you have sent the email and your request has been approved, you will receive a “Welcome” message that confirms your subscription and explains how to remove yourself from the listserv, if you wish to at some future date. Please print or save those instructions for future use.