- 2010 Member of Faculty Senate, HHS representative
- 2010 Member of Faculty Senate, Welfare Committee
- 2002-2003 Member of Graduate Council Program Review Committee; monthly meetings, reading a complete program review...graduate degree program; input using a list of standard questions
- 2002-2003 Graduate Council representative on University Curriculum Committee; monthly meetings; input regarding curriculum proposals from every area of the university
- 1997 Graduation marshal; served as marshall for three undergraduate and one graduate ceremony
- 1991-1999 Faculty Senate Grievance Committee member; participated in numerous appeals and hearings, very lengthy lasting from noon to late evening hours.
- 1991-1992 Judge at Long's Peak Science Fair; evaluated high school science projects, recommended ratings, 8 hour day
- 1990 Dependent Care Conference organized by another sociologist; all university event at University Center; chaired panel at conference
- 1990-1999 Member of Safety Committee; reviewed worker's compensation reports; discussed and acted on safety issues and policies; monthly meeting
- 1982-1989 Women's Studies Committee member; participated in semester, monthly or bi-monthly meetings; reviewed new curriculum, planned women's studies events
- 1980-1984 Member of Gerontology Curriculum Committee; developed curriculum; approved professors to teach courses in this interdisciplinary program.
- 2009 - Present Member of College Program Review Committee, meeting weekly during some months, read extensive program review material; give input on committee questions to program and to committee letter.
- 2004-2009 Half-time Assistant Dean of the college; learning community liaison, curriculum, assessment and program review; shared faculty evaluation, faculty hiring meetings; ad hoc committees on summer classes, catalog re-organization, etc.
- 1994-2003 Curriculum committee member and chair (5 years); chaired meetings; gave input on curriculum proposals; signed for committee; sent memos etc. As member attended bi-weekly meetings, evaluated new and revised curriculum proposals.
- 2002 Bishop Lehr Building Shepard; served as liaison between faculty in the college and the architect; involved scheduling and attending meetings with different program areas which were to be housed in the renovated building; ascertained that programs got copies of plans; attended academic sub-committee meetings, etc.
- 1993 Ad Hoc Committee to discuss new general education program pilot; discussion of Social Science component; developed bibliography for social science.
- 2005-2009 Sociology Coordinator; administration of program
- 2003-2005 Department Chair; administration of program
- 1994-2003 Graduate Coordinator; processed admissions; developed materials and policies for graduate program; publicized program; developed assessment plan and data for graduate program; advised prospective students
- 1995-2001 Associate Chair; in charge of assessment, assisted in scheduling and other activities designated by department chair
- 1989-2001 Search and screen activities; participated in interview process for 2-3 openings for new faculty members
- 1997-1999 DEC; looked over yearly evaluations; compiled faculty input
- 1996-1997 Evaluation of chair for leadership and management (to dean)
- 1980-1994 Library representative; recommended journals for retention; reviewed declining yearly budget for program; solicited and provided book orders
- 1989-1992 Criminal Justice emphasis area member; acting director one semester
- 1983-1991 Comprehensive MA exam committee member, developed exam questions and evaluated answers.
- 1989-1990 Assisted in preparing one section of the first Sociology program review. Reviewed student petitions for course exceptions; proposed changes to the curriculum.