**denotes co-authored work with UNC current or former students**
- Angela C. Henderson and Jennifer Murdock. 2011. "Getting Students Beyond Ideologies: Using Heterosexist Guided Imagery in the Classroom." Innovations in Higher Education, volume 36, number 3.
- Angela C. Henderson, Heidi Grappendorf, Laura J, Burton. 2011. “Think A.D., Think Male: Using Role Congruity Theory and Causal Attribution to Examine Perceptions of Women in athletic Administration.” The Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Decker, Jessica M., Krista M.C. Cline, Angela C. Henderson. 2011. “Pregnancy Weight and Body Image: How Women Deal with Significant Changes in Their Bodies During pregnancy and Post-Pregnancy.” Research Note, Sociological Inquiry.
- Grappendorf, H., Henderson, Angela C., Burton, L., and Boyles, P. “Racial Bias in the Hiring of Entry Level Sport Managers? A Role Congruity Perspective.” The Journal for the Study of Sports and Athletes in Education.
- Burton, L., Grappendorf, H,. & Henderson, Angela C. 2011. "Perceptions of Gender in Athletic Administration: Utilizing Role Congruity Theory to Examine Potential Prejudice Against Women." Journal of Sport Management, volume 25, issue 1, p. 36-45.
- Caitlyn O’Connor, Heidi Grappendorf, Laura J. Burton, Sandra M. Harmon, Angela C. Henderson, and Judy Peel. 2010 “Division I Football Players Perceptions of Females in the Athletic Training room: Utilizing Role Congruity Theory.” Journal of Athletic Training, 45(4): 386-391.
- Angela C. Henderson, Sandra M. Harmon, Jeffrey A, Houser. 2010. “A New State of Surveillance? An Application of Michel Foucault to Modern Motherhood.” Surveillance and Society: Special Issue on Children and Surveillance, 7(3-4), 231-247.
- Grappendorf, Heidi, Angela C. Henderson, Stacy Sanders and Judy Peel. 2009. “The Media Coverage of Gender on Foxsports.com: An analysis of the 2007 NCAA Division I Basketball Tournament. “Sport Management and Related Topics Journal, Volume 5, Issue 1.
- Angela C. Henderson, Heidi Grappendorf and Laura J. Burton. 2009. “Investigating Attractiveness in the Hiring Process for Female Athletes.” Gender in Management: An International Journal, Volume 24, Issue 3.
- Sandra M. Harmon, Angela C. Henderson. Summer 2009. “Self Mastery and Life Satisfaction of Adult Children of Depressed Mothers: A Longitudinal Study.” McNair Scholars Journal.
- Heidi Grappendorf and Angela C. Henderson. 2008. “Hegemonic Masculinity, Homosociality and Collaboration within the Field of Sport Management: Exploring the Issues.” Advancing Women in Leadership Online Journal, 24 (1).
- Laure J. Burton, Heidi Grappendorf, Angela C. Henderson, Gara B.Field, Jeff A. Dennis. 2008. “The Relevance of Athletic Participation for Women: Examining Hiring Preferences to Entry-level Management Positions using Role Congruity Theory.” International Journal of Sport Management, 9 (2).
- Heidi Grappendorf, Laure J. Burton and Angela C. Henderson. 2008. “Does Athletic Participation Provide an Advantage with Initial Salary Recommendations? Utilizing a Role Congruity Theory Approach.” Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual, vol. 23.
- Heidi Grappendorf, Andrea Pent, Laura J. Burton, Angela C. Henderson. 2008. “Gender Role Stereotyping: A Qualitative Analysis of Senior Woman Administrators Perceptions Regarding Financial Decision Making.” The Journal of Issues in intercollegiate Athletics, 1, 26-45.
- Andrea K. Pent, Heidi Grappendorf and Angela C. Henderson. 2007. “The Difference Between Actual and Preferred Participation in Administrative Decisions: An Analysis of Senior Woman Administrators in the NCAA.” The Journal for the Study of Sports and Athletes in Education: 1(2).
- Jori Sechrist, J. Jill Suitor, Angela C. Henderson, Krista M.C. Cline Michael Steinhour. 2007. “Regional Differences in Mother-Adult Child Relations: A Brief Report.” Journals of Gerontology: Social Sciences 62: S388-S391.
- Grappendorf, Heidi, Burton, Laura J., and Angela C. Henderson. 2007 "Salary Recommendations for Athletes vs. Non-Athletes Utilizing Role Congruity Theory." Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 78(1).
- Harmon, Sandra M** and Angela C. Henderson. "Self-mastery of Adult Children with Depressed Mothers: A Longitudinal Study." Submitted to The Journal of Child and Family Studies.
- Cline, Krista M.C., Angela C. Henderson, Sandra M. Harmon** and Jessica Decker. "I Want to Eat, But I Can't: A Qualitative Analysis of Pregnant Women and Their Surveillance of Weight Gain During Pregnancy." Submitted to Qualitative Sociology.
- Sandra M. Harmon** & Angela C. Henderson. "The Price We Pay for Being the 'Perfect' Mother: Psychosocial Outcomes of New Momism."
- Laura J. Burton, Heidi Grappendorf, Angela C. Henderson. "Sport Management Subroles: Sex Discrimination in the Workplace."
- Angela C. Henderson, Heidi Grappendorf, and Laura J. Burton. "The Beauty is Good Versus Beauty is Beastly Phenomena: A Qualitative Analysis of Perceptions of Female Collegiate Athletes."
- Grappendorf, H., Angela C. Henderson, Burton, L. & Kelly, K. "The Female/Athlete Paradox? Perceptions of Female Athletes Utilizing Role Congruity Theory."