Welcome to the Student Nurses' Association!
Welcome to the University of Northern Colorado's Student Nurses' Association. This site serves as a resource for undergraduate students interesting in pursuing a Nursing Degree as well as for students already in the program. Our goal is to bring all students together to strengthen our school, community, and the nursing profession as a whole.
We lead several events throughout the school year designed to give back to the community. These events promote unity among the nursing students by promoting preventative health in school and the community and by giving aid to the sick and underprivileged members of our community.
The Student Nursing Association sponsors Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and NCLEX review classes. Don't miss out on these great oppurtunities. Please see the the events web page for times and location.
- The BLS certification is required for all School Of Nursing students.
- The NCLEX review classes prepares students for the state licensing exams. This is a great way to improve your knowledge for your present classes. Open to all levels of Nursing students.
- We, the students of Nursing, believe there is a common need to organize, to represent ourselves to the consumer and other health disciplines, and to assume our rightful place in the profession of Nursing.
- We believe every citizen has a right to the highest quality of healthcare.
- We believe in the development of the whole person toward his/her professional with its rights, responsibilities and ideals.
- We believe every right bears inherent responsibility.
- We believe responsibilities are participatory, not purely philosophical or ideological, and We believe the quality and quantity of participation are not exclusive, but bear the responsibility of participation.
The mission of the University of Northern Colorado Student Nurses Association is to provide a venue for nursing and pre-nursing students to be active participants in learning, professional development, and service toward the goal of providing the highest quality healthcare to everyone.