Welcome to the Sport Marketing Research Institute
The Sport Marketing Research Institute (SMRI) aims to enrich the learning experience of sport administration graduate students by conducting field research for sport enterprises.
SMRI provides high quality research opportunities for both graduate students preparing for careers in sport management and organizations in need of management assistance.
SMRI provides the following research services to our clients:
Needs Assessment Studies
- Dr. Stotlar honored with the creation of the "The Stotlar Award" by the Sport Marketing Association
- Third Edition of Professor Sharp's Sport Law: A Managerial Approach is released
- UNC Alumnus Dr. Richard Southall from College Sports Research Institute and UNC-Chapel Hill spoke at SMRI meeting on November 12
- Dr. Stotlar's research on sports sponsorships is featured in UNC Spotlight (UNC News, 7/9/10)
- Dr. Gray recognized by NASSM with the 2010 Garth Paton Distinguished Service Award
- Mike Rock from Kroenke Sports spoke on campus - April 9, 2010
- Dr. Gray recognized for Teaching Excellence in Graduate Education (UNC News, 4/2/10)
- UNC Students' Research Helps U.S. Olympic Committee (UNC News, 2/12/10)