FALL 2016-2017 WAIVER CLOSED
Students preferring to waive the UNC Student Health Insurance Plan and premium cost from their tuition/fees billing, must be enrolled in a comparable health insurance plan and are REQUIRED to complete an online waiver through URSA.
Instructions for Accessing the Online waiver Form:
- If you already have an URSA account, you may log into http://ursa.unco.edu, click on the Financial tab and locate the link to the "UNC Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver System". Scroll to the bottom of the paragraph and choose the blue begin button. If you are timed out call Cece Clark at 970-351-1915 or email email@example.com to have your waiver reset.
- If you have been admitted, but do not have an URSA account, access the URSA home page at http://ursa.unco.edu and create your student account from the link titled "NEW STUDENTS START HERE." Once your account has been established, follow the same steps as in item 1 above.
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to have your insurance card available before you enter the online waiver system!
The waiver will be in effect until Fall Semester of the next academic year ONLY, at which time the waiver process must be repeated. Insured students and their covered Dependents may receive a refund only upon entry into the armed forces of the United States while the policy is in effect. No other refunds will be issued.
To be considered comparable insurance, the insurance policy must be in effect by the waiver deadline for the current semester.
The other insurance must also meet one of these two criteria:
- be a company-sponsored plan through your employer, spouse, parents or
- coverage through the U.S. government or a foreign government.
If the other insurance does not meet one of these two criteria, then it must meet all of the following criteria:
- A deductible of $5,000 or less
- A maximum benefit of at least $500,000
- Coverage for emergency room visits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Mental Health coverage
If you participate in a Health Care Sharing Ministry Program approved by the Federal Health and Human Services division, contact the Student Health Insurance office at 970-351-1915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions on waiving the UNC plan.
International Students may have special insurance requirements. Please contact the Center for International Education (CIE) and/or Student Health Insurance Office for details.
NOTE: All students must complete a new waiver every fall semester.
Questions regarding the waiver process should be directed to email@example.com or call the Student Health Insurance Office at (970) 351-1915.