Creditable Coverage

Regulations provide that when your University-sponsored insurance plan "terminates" (for example, when your academic studies at UNC are completed, or your eligibility under the plan ends, or you waive out of this plan with proof of outside insurance coverage), you are eligible to receive a certificate showing the amount of time you were covered under the UNC student policy.

To obtain a certificate, please send a written request to:

Academic HealthPlans, Inc.
PO Box 1605
Colleyville, TX 76034-1605
Phone: 817-809-4700
Fax: 817-809-4701

Information required to issue a certificate is your name, mailing address, ID number and telephone number. You will need to specify whether the certificate is for you, your dependents only, or you and your dependents.