PLEASE NOTE: MAJOR CHANGE FOR UNC STUDENTS FOR FALL OF 2013
All degree seeking undergraduate students with 9 or more credit hours REGARDLESS of the type of class (on campus, off campus, on line) will automatically be charged for the UNC student health insurance plan and the cost will be reflected on the student bill. Students have the option to waive out of the plan by completing the on-line waiver via URSA, showing proof of comparable coverage, prior to the deadline, which is the 10th day of classes. Deadline for Fall 2013 will be September 9th.
All degree seeking graduate students with 6 or more credit hours REGARDLESS of the type of class (on campus, off campus, on line) will automatically be charged for the UNC student health insurance plan and the cost will be reflected on the student bill. Students have the option to waive out of the plan by completing the on-line waiver via URSA, showing proof of comparable coverage, prior to the deadline, which is the 10th day of classes.
The UNC Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) offers our students an excellent medical insurance plan. The Student plan is a major medical insurance plan with a low $350 per year deductible, and then pays covered expenses at 80% in network. The plan uses the CIGNA network of physicians and can be used anywhere there is a CIGNA prvider. The plan includes a pharmaceutical benefit, mental health coverage, physician visits and hospitalization coverage. The 2013-2014 premium is only $990 per semester and provides year round coverage if the student keeps the plan for fall and spring semesters. Please refer to our website to find out more information about the terrific UNC SHIP plan. If you have questions, please call the insurance office at 970-351-1915.
Campus Policy Regarding Health Insurance
- It is a policy of the UNC Board of Trustees that all students who are enrolled for 9 credit hours, or Graduate students enrolled for 6 or more credit hours, are required to have health insurance. This is to ensure that health care costs will not interfere with your academic goals.
- All undergraduate students with 9 or more semester hours are automatically enrolled in the university student health insurance plan and billed with other university services. All graduate students with 6 or more semester hours are automatically enrolled in the university student health insurance plan and billed along with other university services.
- If you have other comparable insurance, you must show proof of insurance and
submit an online waiver by the 10th
day of classes. (See what qualifies as
comparable insurance here).
- We do not accept paper waivers, and you do not need to
submit a copy of your insurance card to the Insurance Office. The
entire waiver process is handled through the online waiver system.
- Every student who meets the above criteria must do a new waiver every fall. If you did not complete a Fall waiver and wish to waive the Insurance for Spring semester, you must complete the online waiver.
- Online waiver for Fall Semester 2013 available May 11, 2013
- Waiver deadline for Fall Semester 2013 is September 9, 2013
- Online waiver for Spring 2014 available now. Deadline will be January 27, 2014 at 8:00pm
Download a copy of the Insurance Booklet for the 2013-2014 Plan Year here. If you have any questions about UNC's Student Health Insurance Program please feel free to contact the Insurance Office in Cassidy Hall at 970-351-1915 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you reach your academic and career goals while attending the University of Northern Colorado.
To print a temporary ID card, go to www.ahpcare.com. Choose Student, Colorado, and then University of Northern Colorado. Choose the option "Coverage Letter/Temp ID Card. You will need to enter your bear # (xxx-xx-xxxx), birthdate and the zip code on file. If you have difficulties, please call Cece Clark at 351-1915.
If you are covered under the UNC insurance plan, you must contact the Student Health Center at 970-351-2412 prior to seeking care elsewhere. If you are 20 miles or more away from the health center, you may see any participating provider. To locate a participating provider, visit: www.mycignaforhealth.com
Instructions for Accessing The Online Waiver Form:
- If you already have an URSA account, you may log into http://ursa.unco.edu, choose the Financial tab and locate the link to the "UNC Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver System".
- IMPORTANT: Please be sure to have your insurance card available before you enter the online waiver system!
- If you have been admitted, but do not have an URSA account, access the URSA home page at http://ursa.unco.edu and create your student account from the link titled "NEW STUDENTS START HERE." Once your account has been established, follow the same steps as in item 1 above.
If you are on the UNC insurance plan and need to see a Doctor or pick up a prescription prior to receiving your insurance card, please call Cece Clark at 970-351-1915 to be added to the insurance roster.
Note: Permanent insurance cards for Spring 2014 will be mailed to address on file by the end of February.