- Treat Day - full-time staff bring in treats/lunch for student workers.
- Treat Week – each day bring something different – cookies, popcorn, candy, etc.
- Take pictures - post student employee pictures and list what wonderful things they do
- Notes Home - send a note to the families of your student workers. Let them know what the student does, how their work impacts your department, and how terrific the student is for your department
- Buy low cost, blank certificates and make up silly awards for students: best telephone voice, best web-surfer, etc.
- Friendship Plants - take cuttings from a plant in the office and give to each student as a live “connection” to the office.
- Bright Ideas - spray paint a light bulb gold, screw into a jar of play-dough and make a label around the jar naming who is receiving the “Bright Idea” award.
- Good Egg Award - buy plastic Easter Eggs, fill with goodies and give out with “Good Egg” certificates. List what the student did to deserve this award.
- Cookies, Cookies, Cookies – Students love treats
- Snack Goodie Bag- Fill with small packs of crackers, cookies, candy and chips
- Healthy Meal – Crackers and Cheese, Spaghetti with Ready Made Sauce.,
- Popcorn – Fill a bowl or individual mini bowls daily, inexpensive yet tasty.
- Fruit – Have bowl of fresh fruit – take out- apples, plums, oranges etc.
- Gift cards – fast food, subway, pizza hut etc.
- Movie tickets
- Certificates of Appreciation – Make up certificates and have them framed. (you can find decent frames at the dollar store or office depot)
- Cyber Cards – Send your students a free Cyber Card stating your appreciation.
- Pat on the Back - Draw an outline of your hand on a piece of paper. Photocopy enough copies for all students in your office. On each hand write a note that tells the student why they deserve a “Pat on the Back”.
- Use this week as an opportunity to start an award recognition program. Look around the office or at home for a white elephant item. Name the item for the award (Employee of the Month/Week, Great Idea Award, Gotcha Award - catch someone in the act of doing something good) and then make the first presentation of it during Student Employment Week.
- Make a banner to hang for the whole week in your office.
- Decorate an office bulletin board or the office door for the week in recognition of your students.
- Invite to your home for dinner – There is nothing better than a home cooked meal for a student.
- Use YOUR imagination…. A simple THANK YOU for all you do will go a long way!