- Report suspicious activity on campus to UNC Police at 970-351-2245 from your cell
phone (program it in) or 911 from a campus telephone.
- Report suspicious activity off campus to your local municipal or county law enforcement
agency. Call 911 if necessary.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Don’t get so engrossed in text messaging or iPod surfing you forget to look around
- Walk with others at night.
- Stay in frequently traveled, well-lighted, open areas.
- Walk confidently.
- Call 970-351-2245 for an escort if you’re uncomfortable walking on campus after dark.
- Carry a personal alarm or safety whistle.
- Know where campus emergency phones are. View emergency phone locations.
- Lock your house or residence hall room, and follow rules to limit residence hall access.
- Don’t carry large amounts of cash or credit cards.
- Have your keys ready when walking to your car or home.
- Be cautious of strangers.
- If you believe someone is following you, go where there are other people.
- Trust your intuition if you feel a situation is unsafe.
- Don’t hesitate to call police.
- Alcohol is also a significant factor in many crimes.
- Students who are drinking are more likely to be involved in criminal activity.
- We strongly encourage you to make safe and healthy choices when it comes to alcohol