UNC Police Department
The UNC police department is a full service police agency with full police powers. The university police officers are certified level I sworn police officers in the state of Colorado and have the same police authority and training requirements as all other police officers in the State of Colorado.
- UNCPD has a strong partnership and working relationship with other local police agencies.
- Our officers participate in on-going professional training.
- UNC Escort Programs - Escorts are provided by police officers or student security officers during hours of darkness for persons walking on campus.
- Emergency Telephones - Interior and exterior emergency phones linked directly to UNCPD are located throughout campus.
- Dialing 911 from any on campus phone will be routed directly to UNCPD dispatch.
- Dialing 911 from cell phones while on campus will be routed to the Weld County Regional Communications Center. Therefore, we recommend all students, faculty and staff pre-program the UNCPD phone number into their cell phones (970-351-2245) to report anything occurring on campus.
- UNC PD employees a number of part-time security officers who act as additional “eyes and ears” on the campus grounds, parking lots, academic buildings and residence halls. They also provide escorts to students walking on campus after dark.
- Emergency Preparedness and Safety
- Emergency Phone Numbers
- Emergency Response Plan
- Communication with the Campus Community
- Campus Police
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Emergency Call Box Locations
- Health and Safety Report
- Health and Safety Referral Form
- MySafeCampus Anonymous Reporting Form
- UNC Counseling Center
- Assault Survivors Advocacy Program
UNC POLICE DEPARTMENT'S TOP 20 PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS
- Report suspicious activity on campus to UNC Police at 970-351-2245 from your cell phone (program it in), or 911 from a campus telephone.
- Report suspicious activity off campus to your local municipal or county law enforcement agency. Call 911 if necessary.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.