Current Studies Seeking Volunteers
Interested in FREE Exercise training? Researchers are seeking participants (who don't currently exercise) and have NOT had cancer between the ages of 40-75.
We are evaluating the effects of aerobic and cognitive training on Chemotherapy Induced Cognitive Impairment (CRCI), which is often called “chemo brain” or “chemo fog,” and how exercise and/or cognitive training may minimize the effects of treatment on cancer survivors' quality of life. We need a comparative group of individuals who have not had cancer. Participants will receive an initial and post exercise assessment and then will be randomly selected for an exercise or flexibility training regimen. Additionally, we obtain comprehensive cognitive assessments prior to the initial assessment and following the 12-week exercise intervention program.
- Brent Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Sport and Exercise Science
- June 15th, 2014- Ongoing
- Participant Requirements: Age: 40-75 Gender: Males or Females Who won't qualify for this study: • Any Psychiatric diagnosis or neurological disease • Any Past or present alcohol or substance abuse • Significant mobility trouble • Non corrected visual or auditory difficulty • Any software based cognitive training in past 6 months • NeuroActive • Posit Science • Brain fitness program • Mindfit • Lumosity • My Brain Trainer • Aerobic Activity • Walking or Running more than 2x a week for past 8 weeks
- Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: The time commitment is 3 times a week for up to an hour each session. The total study is composed of 36 sessions or 12-weeks in total time.
Researcher seeks male participants to act as control group for study on empathy in domestic violence offenders.
Study asks participants to complete a variety of surveys, complete a visual puzzle, and identify the emotions of others when presented on a computer screen. Participation takes approximately one hour and no follow up is required.
- Blair Nyline email@example.com
- Counseling Psychology
- March 9, 2015-ongoing
- Participant Requirements: Participants must be heterosexual biological males. No age limits apply. Researcher would prefer participants who are not psychology or counseling majors.
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: Participation takes approximately one hour and participants will be compensated for their time with $5 upon study completion. Participants can also choose to participate in a lottery to win a $25 gift card in addition to the $5 compensation.
Attention UNC Students: Your Opinion is Needed!
The influence of Attachment and Career Calling on Career Decision Self-Efficacy and Life Satisfaction
- Dylan Firsick Firs4419@bears.unco.edu
- Department of Counseling
- January 2015-September 2015
- The purpose of this study is to investigate relationships among variables that are believed to be related to college student adjustment and life satisfaction. These variables are attachment style, career development, self-efficacy, and life satisfaction during the college period.
- Participant Requirements: To participate in this study you must be at least 18 years of age, a current university student, and have not previously completed this survey.
- Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: You will be asked a series of questions related to your interpersonal relationships, career decision-making, and life satisfaction as a UNC Student. The first 200 participants will be entered for a chance to win 1 of 3 $5.00 Visa Gift Cards AND ALL participants will be entered for a chance to win a $50.00 Visa Gift Card. The survey is BRIEF and completely online, requiring only 15-20 minutes of your time. Please follow the survey link to get started! https://unco.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cOe2tVvBTPildrL