Current Studies Seeking Volunteers
Researchers Seek Both Marijuana Users and Non Users for a Research Study.
We are looking for individuals interested in participating in a study that explores the health and fitness status of regular marijuana users and non-users.
- Jonny Lisano: email@example.com
- School of Sport and Exercise Science
- April 1, 2016 through September 29, 2016
- Participant Requirements: Males and females ages 18-40 years, participants who have been using marijuana at least once a week for the past 6 months OR individuals who have not used marijuana within the past year.
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: Participants will be asked to visit the exercise physiolgy lab at Gunter Hall 4 times (1 hour max time commitment per visit). The visits will consist of maximal exercise testing, a blood draw and urine collection. Participants do not need to be students enrolled at UNC and a $25 gift card (Bear Bucks for UNC students and King Soopers for non-students) will be provided after successful completion of the study.
Researchers seek Asian International Students for Survey Participation.This study will consist of a few surveys regarding Asian international student's cultural identity, level of acculturative stress, coping styles, and psychological well-being.
- Katilin Ohde: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling Psychology
- March 3, 2016
- Participant Requirements: Asian international students, undergraduate or graduate students, 18 years or older.
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: 10-15 minutes, no compensation.
Female Runners Needed for Study on Running Economy.
Runners needed for a two-part study on running economy and muscle activity. Total time commitment is 3 hours over two visits. Visit 1: accommodate to our treadmill and then do a VO2max test, an all-out running test on the treadmill. Visit 2: 30-min of running (6x5 minute bouts) at 8:15, 7:40 and 7:15 min/mile pace with and without a 5 lb hydration backpack. You will be breathing through a mask that measures how much oxygen you are consuming. We will also gather data in visit 2 that will tell us about your movement and muscle activity as you run.
- Barbara Schornstein: email@example.com
- January 20, 2016 through May 22, 2016
- Participant Requirements: Looking for females, age 18-65, who are able to run a 5k race in 18-23 minutes. Injury free.
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: Visit 1 will take approximately an hour and visit 2 about 2 hours. You will receive information about your VO2max test that can help fine tune your training.
Researchers seek overweight individuals for a study investigating the role of footwear in human walking gait.
We are comparing barefoot walking gait to walking in an athletic shoe. Particpants will walk at theri preferred speed and at a fixed walking speed while barefoot, and again while shod. 3D motion capture and ground reaction forces will be collected during these tasks. Results of this study will help clarify the role of footwear in human walking gait.
- Kevin Dames: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sport and Exercise Science
- January 7, 2016 through April 28, 2016
- Participant Requirements: Men and women, 18-30 years of age, with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30-40 kg/m2 (classified as obese) are eligible for this study. Participants may not have a physical or neurological impairment that would impact walking gait, nor have experienced a lower extremity injury in the privious 6 months that could impact gait.
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: About 1 hour