Current Studies Seeking Volunteers
Researchers Looking for Focus Group on Proactive Coping
The current research focuses on developing a proactive coping inventory with a sample of U.S. college students in focus group settings
- Morgan Condie: email@example.com
- September 20, 2016 through December 8, 2016
- Participant Requirements: U.S. college student
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: 1.5 hours in a focus group for a $5 gift card upon completion
Researchers seek freshman and sophmore pre-nursing students
This study looks at the social identity and academic performance in pre-nursing students at the University of Northern Colorado.
- Anissa Guzman : firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing
- September 1, 2016 through May 30, 2017
- Participant Requirements: 18 years old and older
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: This is an on-line survey and will be sent via email and will take about 10-15 minutes to complete. After completing the on-line survey, participants have the option to win a $25 gift card.
Researchers seek all graduate students at UNC who have used at least one e-book for learning purposes during the last two years
Participants in this study will participate in a semi-structured (face-to-face) interview. Participants' personal information will be treated in complete confidence.
- Rasha Alhammad : email@example.com
- Educational Technology Department
- August 25, 2016 through December 30, 2016
- Participant Requirements: Any graduate student at UNC who has used at least one e-book for learning purposes during the last two years
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: The interview will consist of no more than 29 questions and will last no more than 120 minutes. At the end of the data collections session, participants will be given a $10 Starbucks gift card as an appreciation for their participation in the study.
Researchers Seek Undergraduate or Graduate Students for Proactive Coping Study
This is a small group discussion of how to cope with stressors that have not happened yet (e.g. employment after graduation, possible health concerns, potential interpersonal conflicts, etc.)
- Lu Tian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 19, 2016 through September 30, 2016
- Participant Requirements: Age 18 or older and born in the U.S.
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: 1.5 to 2 hour small group discussion, food will be provided during the discussion. Upon completing a small discussion, participants will receive $5.
Researchers Seek Both Marijuana Users and Non Users for a Research Study.
We are looking for individuals interested in participating in a study that explores the health and fitness status of regular marijuana users and non-users.
- Jonny Lisano: email@example.com
- School of Sport and Exercise Science
- April 1, 2016 through September 29, 2016
- Participant Requirements: Males and females ages 18-40 years, participants who have been using marijuana at least once a week for the past 6 months OR individuals who have not used marijuana within the past year.
Time Commitment and Other Information about Research Participation: Participants will be asked to visit the exercise physiolgy lab at Gunter Hall 4 times (1 hour max time commitment per visit). The visits will consist of maximal exercise testing, a blood draw and urine collection. Participants do not need to be students enrolled at UNC and a $25 gift card (Bear Bucks for UNC students and King Soopers for non-students) will be provided after successful completion of the study.